• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Club signs deal for stadium

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
RM said today that SUFC had signed a 20 year cointract at Fossets Farm.

There are still hurdles to overcome however. The B&Q development is expected to get the final go-ahead from the development committee tomorrow. But planning permission will be needed and although the scheme has the backing of the council it may not be a foregone conclusion.

Finally, plans by the football club could be the subject of a public enquiry because of their scale, and this could take months or even years to complete.

Still, it's moving forward.

are b&q paying for the stadium ? if not where is the money coming from. ive not really been following the story

Still no mention of the most important factor: will bacon sarnies make a return if and when SUFC move to FF?

mad.gif

20 years or 20 acres?

Can someone clarify what has been signed (apart from Terry Alderton) and by whom.

Cheers

From what I gather Ron basically has secured 20 acres of land on the Fossets site.

laugh.gif

20 years- 20 acres. Like a cube I guess. The space-time dimensions of Southend United have always baffled me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Nov. 09 2004,13:48)]My only concern is the quality of the catering facilities.
Give me a ropey old burger any time washed down with 8 pints of stella while watching the game in a cow shed with a leaking roof and prison toilets.

I hate all these new grounds and will be gutted to leave the mecca of Football which is Roots Hall.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ Nov. 09 2004,14:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Nov. 09 2004,13:48)]My only concern is the quality of the catering facilities.
Give me a ropey old burger any time washed down with 8 pints of stella while watching the game in a cow shed with a leaking roof and prison toilets.

I hate all these new grounds and will be gutted to leave the mecca of Football which is Roots Hall.
sad.gif
The Millennium Stadium must of been a dreadful experience for you then!
rock.gif
Have you recovered yet?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Nov. 09 2004,14:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ Nov. 09 2004,14:40)]
[b said:

sad.gif
The Millennium Stadium must of been a dreadful experience for you then!  
rock.gif
 Have you recovered yet?
Come on OS you've got to admit, a new characterless, no atmoshere, identical out of town stadium with no sole, is not really my idear of fun. Obviously we need a new stadium from the added income it will bring, but if money wasnt an issue, I would rather have Roots Hall any day of the year. I think thats what Barry was trying to say.

Surely you must have been to either Northampton, Sc**thorpe or Walsall, and turned to your mate and said "f**k this for a ground, makes you realise how much you love Roots Hall"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Nov. 09 2004,15:05)]Surely you must have been to either Northampton, Sc**thorpe or Walsall, and turned to your mate and...
You were doing well up until that point. I have no mates to turn to!

sad.gif

Anyway... I do indeed know what BtD was saying. I was just being facetious.

I've never been to Huddersfield, but their ground looks good and I've heard some good reports on it.

But yes... I too like our current home very, very much and I agree with you 101% that if we didn't need to move to secure the survival of the club in the short to medium term (and hoefully beyond) then I would rather stick to where we are.

When the day comes that we play our last game at the mecca, I will be there... and it will be a very sad day indeed.

wink.gif

Here's a cracking idea.

Why not move the temple of football brick by brick, cow shed by cow shed to FF and then build the extra facilties next to it.

Best of both worlds then!
tounge.gif

Good news although a bit worrying about the Public Enquiry, i really hope it goes through without it.

Most stadium developments do have to go through the public enquiry process these days, just look at brighton they have been battling probably longer than we have to get a new ground and have got nowhere!.

So yes it is worrying....

sad.gif

To be honest if the NIMBY's have anything to do with it, i'm sure they'll drag the process out for all its worth
sad.gif

As for public enquiry process - we need loads of SUFC fans there to show the support for the stadium plan, the Council has showen their support for the Stadium - if the Council show no support & are agasint it, I would worry about it.

There is nothing KARER's can do to stop Southend Utd from moving forward.

Back