• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some Club Staff Salaries Late/Embargo Chat - now resolved (for now)

That what happen when Jim90 start **** stirring up by spreading rumours without any evidence. I bet the clubs who have members on shrimperzone, might ****ed themselves laughing at Jim90 post.
For what its worth Murkey there's a pretty good chance that some staff still haven't been paid. In fact there is more chance of that being true than your opinion of events.

I would hope that this either has already been resolved, or will be by Thursday. Hopefully one of those who hadn’t been paid might come on here and let us know when they have. That has to be the big priority over and above announcing signings IMO.

Reactions: JAL
We probably spend most of the month trying to sort the rest of the wages out and then get to next months pay day and it's just like 'Oh for ****s sake', and then it's an endless cycle.

Can this cause an embargo , or is it just players wages if not paid

Or are we under an embargo ?

Be nice to hear the truth from the club, bit like Boris ( No lets not get political), batting away the truth and saying people are fed up hearing/reading same stories, where is the clubs PR man when needed to tell the truth, or have they been told to keep quiet

The silence is deafening

Be nice to hear the truth from the club, bit like Boris ( No lets not get political), batting away the truth and saying people are fed up hearing/reading same stories, where is the clubs PR man when needed to tell the truth, or have they been told to keep quiet

The silence is deafening
It's not looking good. Staff not being paid and players allegedly being signed but not announced. Be good if the club would lay this to rest. I really dont want a repeat of last season.

I think it is quite understandable that we would all like some clarification about what is happening .

However, if the club were to make an announcement, what could they say?

"Sorry we are broke and can't afford to pay wages"

I think it is quite understandable that we would all like some clarification about what is happening .

However, if the club were to make an announcement, what could they say?

"Sorry we are broke and can't afford to pay wages"
I think rephrase it but essentially yes

However they phrase it, wouldn't that lead to any other unsecured creditors, together with their lawyers, lining up outside the door?
I think if you owe your creditors money a good way to start is to talk to them. Ignoring them never improves the situation

I think if you owe your creditors money a good way to start is to talk to them. Ignoring them never improves the situation
Yes, agree 100%, but not by talking to them via club announcements.

The silence is deafening

We are not under an embargo, or any form of transfer/squad limit restriction.

From my understanding, the “non-playing staff” so anyone from burger/programme seller, to heads of departments wages being not paid doesn’t impact on any embargo.

It’s just the “playing staff” and I believe that includes management team.

Staff have been paid half of their wage, and have to wait until next months to receive the rest. Whether or not they will actually be paid next month is another question
Only just jumped on SZ after a few days off and really stunned (though not totally surprised) at what I'm reading. If it is true that player signing announcements are being delayed because staff are not being paid, then what a shocking situation once again. The concern is that even when the staff get paid, I'm sure they'll already be looking for another job as in this climate of high cost of living, nobody can afford not to be paid on time ..... then the vicious circle of re-advertising, re-training new staff (if you actually recruit them) all equates to poor customer service in the long run. It's really hard to have a go at the ticket office, etc, for delayed season cards when staff have either not paid and then not motivated, or newly recruited and don't know what they are doing. I hope the rumours are not true ...... what a mess if they are!!!

Last edited:
Banks put this practice in place during Covid with people contacting their card companies and claiming either a chargeback (where the card company contacts the supplier and gets the money refunded) or via section 75 where the credit card company refunds it and then they are owed the money by the company.

To now cover themselves the main players (Mastercard, Amex, Visa etc) have put in place arrangements with various types of businesses whereby the money is drip fed across on a weekly / monthly basis. So as we sold season tickets the card companies would know its for a season ticket and would portion the money up accordingly throughout the year.

So if anything did happen like covid again then the card companies are not as financially exposed as they would have been previously.
This article just details the protections to Consumers.

Where is the evidence that when a purchase of a Season Ticket is made by Credit Card, the money is drip fed to the club?

I think this is just Bull S*** made up by the club and many gullible people have been taken in by this.

This article just details the protections to Consumers.

Where is the evidence that when a purchase of a Season Ticket is made by Credit Card, the money is drip fed to the club?

I think this is just Bull S*** made up by the club and many gullible people have been taken in by this.
The link to chargebacks showed the extra protection in place when paying by card. Ever card merchant will have different limits and terms depending on the company involved and their current and past financial standing. So one companies terms will be different to another companies terms from the same merchant.

It's probably more common than you think. I don't often need to purchase season tickets for other clubs but a quick search will tell me that Swindon Town are in the same boat (only accepting cash or bank transfer)

Back