• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Club statement - 3 in breach of discipline

sufc_tom

Striker
Marvellous:

Southend United Football Club have today released the following statement:

The manager learned after Saturday's match at Morecambe that there had been a breach of discipline on Friday night at the team hotel by three members of his squad.

The individuals were Liam Dickinson, Kane Ferdinand and Ryan Hall whose conduct was unacceptable to the Clubs Management.

The Manager and Board of Southend United require their players to behave professional at all times in the best interests and success of the Club.

It is now an internal matter and no further comment will be made.

Didn't hear any rumours so surprised the club has come out with this. I hope Luggy agreed with making this public.

This is not good at all. At a time when the players need to be pulling together and trying to dig themselves out of this mess, this happens. Wouldnt mind but these three have not performed well in the last few weeks. Hall in particular dissapoints me, after all the club did to stand by him and this is how he repays them. I know we dont have all the facts but it sounds serious.

PS has got to really earn to dosh over the next week or so. Massive tv game on Monday, team struggling, confidence low, poor tactics etc. Im still behind the team and whoever pulls on the shirt, but this really does dissapoint. we all pay money to travel to and from games, in the same day, and these individuals cant behave themselves for one night in a hotel.

This is not good at all. At a time when the players need to be pulling together and trying to dig themselves out of this mess, this happens. Wouldnt mind but these three have not performed well in the last few weeks. Hall in particular dissapoints me, after all the club did to stand by him and this is how he repays them. I know we dont have all the facts but it sounds serious.

PS has got to really earn to dosh over the next week or so. Massive tv game on Monday, team struggling, confidence low, poor tactics etc. Im still behind the team and whoever pulls on the shirt, but this really does dissapoint. we all pay money to travel to and from games, in the same day, and these individuals cant behave themselves for one night in a hotel.

:stunned: what is the matter with this bloody club, can't go one week without something negative happening!

Very surprised they mentioned names!

Guess this means no Ryan Hall v Crawley, great!

Drop all 3 imo, we have replacements for them.

Dickinson blows hot & cold, Hall has been off form for ages & Ferdinand is more sub than starter.

What a disaster, sometimes thing are best left behind closed doors, sometimes things shouldn't be said in the public eye!

It seems as if we are entering a disgusting shambles, yet again! When it was all going so well.

****!

Well done Luggy, about time you made it public, they should stand up and be counted. these players need to know they cant get away with it even if the chairman covers their pathetic arses! You were doing so well and the ungrateful ******s have to ruin the chance of promotion. Good Luck with the backing and support you get, you will need all the the luck in the world!
The honest hard working players wont let you down.

About time!

Well done Luggy, about time you made it public, they should stand up and be counted. these players need to know they cant get away with it even if the chairman covers their pathetic arses! You were doing so well and the ungrateful ******s have to ruin the chance of promotion. Good Luck with the backing and support you get, you will need all the the luck in the world!
The honest hard working players wont let you down.

This is going to be very difficult for Sturrock to manage as well now, given the number of chances that Mohsni has had. I'm assuming the breach of discipline isn't as serious as scissor-gate.

If they throw the book at them, well they could argue the number of chances that Bilel has had, similarly, they still presumably need to be punished somehow. He's really set a precedent by allowing Mohsni so much slack.

Add in the fact that the rest of the team are likely to feel let down, if there wasn't any unrest in the squad before, there could well be now.

It couldn't of happened at a worse time either.

Back