• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News club statement - George Friend

Anytime I see the words 'club statement' I die a little more inside

in one weeks time we'll know where we stand either way

"Once the Club has settled its case with HMRC we will speak further with Wolves and for whilst the original loan was only requested for one month George has performed well and the manager would now like to keep the player for at least a further month. In between we will stay in touch with Wolves and if the opportunity to resign George presents itself then if appropriate we will do so at that time."

couple of interesting bits here, seems fairly positive about sorting out HMRC, but why would the opportunity to resign Friend not present itself. Is this meeting on wed in court to show we have funding or is it a deadline as such to pay the moneys?

The bit I don't understand is that we were in the same position a month ago when we took him(and o'Donovan) on loan, so why were those loans allowed to happen?? Surely this FL ruling contradicts those loans in the first place?

couple of interesting bits here, seems fairly positive about sorting out HMRC, but why would the opportunity to resign Friend not present itself. Is this meeting on wed in court to show we have funding or is it a deadline as such to pay the moneys?

i would imagine because Friend wants to play football and if another offer comes along (assuming one does or he can take it, i dont know the rules) then why wouldnt he take it?

The bit I don't understand is that we were in the same position a month ago when we took him(and o'Donovan) on loan, so why were those loans allowed to happen?? Surely this FL ruling contradicts those loans in the first place?

I thought that as well, but maybe it went from we weren't having to pay any of his wages for the first month, to contributing some for the second month, therefore taking another player on the wage bill, which is not allowed, i don't know im just guessing.

Or possibly you are only allowed to have a player on emergency loan for one month under the rulings and are not allowed to extend it.

Doesn't make sense though...

And in the meantime he will probably go elsewhere.
And we cant recall Revs or Betsy, terrific! Ah well at least costs in the canteen and supplying kits are down!

"Once the Club has settled its case with HMRC we will speak further with Wolves and for whilst the original loan was only requested for one month George has performed well and the manager would now like to keep the player for at least a further month. In between we will stay in touch with Wolves and if the opportunity to resign George presents itself then if appropriate we will do so at that time."

Bollocks.

This might upset some people, but "The Club" and "Uncle Ron" have an admirable ability of always presenting themselves as being in the right regardless of the facts of the whole situation.

Regarding the "meeting", which could also be called "the serving of a winding up order in court", either a Time to Pay agreement or full payment should be made before the case. Not long to go.

Given Geoff King's abuse of Revell for his perceived non performance the least I now expect from him is a statement advising us that the club secretary has now been sacked for not actually knowing the rules governing the football club, which is basically their main job. FFS a couple of posters on here had managed to pick up the new regulations regarding loans & clubs defaulting with HMRC by simply surfing the sodding internet.

In addition, as Mr King is the Chief Executive with direct responsibilities for all off the pitch matters I think he should do the honest thing & resign. Just in this season he has now had the total debacle with season cards, for which he's not uttered a word of apology, & now a club employee making loans arrangements for which they had no knowledge of the rules which was further exacerbated by a blatant lie on the club website. That's not a debatable point & I'm willing to take any legal repercussions the club would like to throw at me & hereby absolve SZ from any liability. They did not tell anything even close to the truth yesterday & they did it with full knowledge that it was untrue. No doubt they'll lay the blame with Scriv for misunderstanding something Mr King said.

Yes right like that'd really happen, but I can dream of Geoff holding his P45!

Club secretary is a woman - that'd be right making a woman the scapegoat lol! I refuse point blank to get into a panic just yet. It was inevitable that approaching the deadline things would get very unpleasant. That Bernie's deadline expired was bad timing and I can't criticse anything there, come on, come Thursday we'll be in a whole lot better place.

Club secretary is a woman - that'd be right making a woman the scapegoat lol! I refuse point blank to get into a panic just yet. It was inevitable that approaching the deadline things would get very unpleasant. That Bernie's deadline expired was bad timing and I can't criticse anything there, come on, come Thursday we'll be in a whole lot better place.

Yeah, **** creek without a paddle.:'(

Back