• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Club Statement:HMRC

New winding up order..??

Heard on BBC Essex this morning that another winding up petition has been placed by HMRC for £200k unpaid tax relating to April / May this year, and yet again there are promises that the bill will be settled before the hearing (didnt catch the date).

We must be spending a fortune on legal representation for all these court appearances & fees etc, and I cant see how Sainsburys or anyone else will keep riding in to the rescue. We dont appear to even have enough players to field a team, we have no physio, several players who also wanted to go and havent (yet) and we are still under the transfer embargo.

From a business perspective, SUFC is not remotely viable as any sort of football club (which I know but have been trying for a long time to not admit), and I seriously fail to see how we can keep going, either with RM at the helm or anyone else. Thing is, what I dont know is whether there is any way of resucing the phoenix from the ashes.

Hardly a suprise is it? Still ****ing depressing though.

Maybe, just maybe the HMRC wouldn't have been so "quick off the mark" if you paid your previous bills on time Ron! It's not rocket science to realise that if you've been late paying recently they're going to be watching you like a hawk next time.

balls.

I hate that man he is slowly suffocating my football club and then he has the cheek to come and put utter garbage in his press statments saying that he is not to blame and it will be ok after time and time again i hear and read about more financial heartbreak.

The man makes my blood boil if he does turn up for the ipswich game he deserves to be barracked with abuse

he needs to know the pain and damage he is doing to our football club

and we aint taking no more

Hardly a suprise is it? Still ****ing depressing though.

Maybe, just maybe the HMRC wouldn't have been so "quick off the mark" if you paid your previous bills on time Ron! It's not rocket science to realise that if you've been late paying recently they're going to be watching you like a hawk next time.

balls.

To be honest Leeds , Portsmouth and Place going into Administration owing the HMRC many millions and then paying a far lesser percentage would be far more likely to cause them to be quick off the mark (so they get in before the administrator is called) than a club who has paid in full, albeit late.

HMRC are twitchy, they have lost a lost of money over the last few years where people have gone down and they have recouped considerably less than they were due. Perhaps if they had been like this , chasing 200k at a time instead of waiting for it to grow to 2M, Rons Financial plight may have come to the fore a little earlier.

Does this complete tit have no idea of what he is doing for the reputation of this football club? He is dragging it, and us, through the mud yet again, and that for me is the most distasteful thing about this whole mess.

I never come on this board to just purely rant, but this today has really wound me up (excuse the pun!). We cannot continue like this, he MUST realise this, surely??

Does this complete tit have no idea of what he is doing for the reputation of this football club? He is dragging it, and us, through the mud yet again, and that for me is the most distasteful thing about this whole mess.

I never come on this board to just purely rant, but this today has really wound me up (excuse the pun!). We cannot continue like this, he MUST realise this, surely??

He will realise it, he probably has realised it. We cannot make him feel comfortable anymore.
We do too much sitting back. Those days have now passed us.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=116090918437882#!/event.php?eid=116090918437882

For info, please have a look at the Finances and Future of SUFC parts of this site to see further developments, such as the Charterhouse winding up petition, as reported in today's Echo.

ElstreeBlue said:
For info, please have a look at the Finances and Future of SUFC parts of this site to see further developments, such as the Charterhouse winding up petition, as reported in today's Echo.
Sorry, missed the words "undisclosed sum" in the 1st post :)

Man i feel for your fans,staff etc. This gets more serious by the day and the future of your club looks in real danger.

I don't know what to say really that will help.Maybe organise a fans united day?

There's no point people sitting on the fence about protesting agianst your chairman.He needs to go now before you go under.The warning signs are there and this needs to be acted upon asap.

As i've said before i would turn up to support any protest you carry out.Infact fans united days are brilliant and you will be suprised by the level of support you will recieve from football fans around the globe.

unfortunately mate our fans dont seem to be like yours, I remember the level of protest you guys created when things were bad and although I think you are a bunch of bully plums, I commend you for that you guys really took the bull by its horns, unfortunately youve only got to see that at this club there are a number of fans who still seem to want to laugh at the average fan for trying to make a change theres plenty of them youve only got to read this site as soon as you say 'protest; they come out with some muggy lefty view about how we are emmbaressing ourselves!!!

There's another story breaking in the Echo tomorrow. The Echo may be reporting this one, but they have another one for us.

It never rains but it pours!

Anything to with this on the Shrimpers@yahoo.com list today? :unsure:

<Also Charterhouse Commercial Finance have issued a winding up order on SUFC for an undisclosed sum..The date for the first high court hearing is July the 14th.

Not looking good<

Sounds like Ronald wants to be Captain Birdseye, in reality he's more a Somalian Pirate raping our club, just please **** off

ps. No offence to our younger members but i'm a 45yr old businessman, not a gobby youth (anymore) and do not make such comments lightly but I repeat, please **** off now

Fearing the worst I rang the ticket office today to get my £80 refund, sooner rather than later. I was told that I had to wait until August for the money, but not to worry as the chairman was currently negotiating with a leading high street bank regarding new funding for the club. The plot thickens.

Fearing the worst I rang the ticket office today to get my £80 refund, sooner rather than later. I was told that I had to wait until August for the money, but not to worry as the chairman was currently negotiating with a leading high street bank regarding new funding for the club. The plot thickens.

And the ticket office would be giving out this information why exactly?

Back