• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Club Statement:HMRC

"quick off the mark"

If we were quick off the mark in paying, we wouldn't be going to court.

Looks like its HMRC's fault for wanting their money again. Damm tax man. Surely it doesn't need Ron to authorise regular payments such as PAYE/NIC.

Even if he has to sign a cheque he hasn't been on bloody Mars.

Looks like its HMRC's fault for wanting their money again. Damm tax man. Surely it doesn't need Ron to authorise regular payments such as PAYE/NIC.

Even if he has to sign a cheque he hasn't been on bloody Mars.

Oh come on now ! I know he was'nt on Mars, now thats imposible. But he was under a surgeon's knife then had a relaps,a fall, then had to nip down to Rayleigh police station, then back to hospital . Be fair wot chance has the poor man had to pay the PAYE. Let allown the player's!!!

Now, whilst I don't doubt the great editorial prowess of our media guru :whistling: , I thought winding up petitions were all heard on Wednesdays. The 8th July is a Thursday.....

Also, on top of our unpaid wages, and inevitably the PAYE, under new HMRC guidelines the club can find itself facing some hefty penalties on top!

"The penalties will be a percentage of the amount paid late and start at 1% and increase to 4%, depending on the number of late payments in the year. There are also penalties of 5% if any of the PAYE due is still not paid after 6 months and again after 12 months"

There's another story breaking in the Echo tomorrow. The Echo may be reporting this one, but they have another one for us.

It never rains but it pours!

And it's getting better....I make break into song in a minute.

Here we go Cricko. You be Mama Cass, I'll get a few others to be your backing group:

"Once I believed that when love came to me
It would come with rockets, bells and poetry
But with me and you it just started quietly and grew
And believe it or not
Now there's something groovy and good
Bout whatever we got
And it's getting better
Growing stronger warm and wilder
Getting better everyday, better everyday
I don't feel all turned on and starry eyed
I just feel a sweet contentment deep inside
Holding you at night just seems kind of natural and right
And it's not hard to see
That it isn't half of what it's going to turn out to be
Cause it's getting better
Growing stronger, warm and wilder
Getting better everyday, better everyday
And just like a flower that takes time to bloom
This love of ours is taking time to grow
Ba da da da da da da da da da da da
And I don't mind waitin', don't mind waitin'
Cause no matter how long it takes
The two of us know
That it's getting better
Growing stronger, warm and wilder
Getting better everyday, better everyday"

Club song sorted.

I thank you.

This site is making me suicidal.

Maybe it IS time for AFC Southend - at least then we'd be supporting a team on the up and even if we'd be in the bottom rung it would be good to be on the up again! Seriously, let's just hope that SUFC lives to fight another day. We can't do anything by worrying. All we can do is whatever we each personally can to try to save the club. Whatever that may be.

Back