• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Club statement - lee sawyer

CyrilSneer

Winger
Southend United Football Club has this afternoon made the following club statement:

Lee Sawyer has not travelled with the Southend United squad today ahead of tomorrow's match with Carlisle United.

Lee was sent home from training on Thursday for another breach of club discipline.

His failure to attend Thursday's pre-match team meeting at the training ground, where the team were to prepare for the weekend's opposition, has angered both his teammates and the managerial staff.

The Club will make no further comment on this matter at this time.

XXXXXXX brilliant , just what we really need . I don't like the fact that the the statment says 'another breach of club discipline'.

I guess this helps to explain why he has not been starting

on top of everything else this is really really XXXXX.
Lets hope it galvanises what players we have left, in the same way that Roy keane did when he walked out at Ireland -- circumstances may be different, but general point on team morale valid

I have heard for a while he is a really bad trainer.

Oh dear :( What a talent to waste... hope he gets a kick up the arse, but Tilly rarely gives players 2nd chances does he?

"The Club will make no further comment on this matter at this time. '

Other than put it on their front page, obviously...

Silly boy Lee. Sort. It. Out. Son.

I have heard for a while he is a really bad trainer.

Oh dear :( What a talent to waste... hope he gets a kick up the arse, but Tilly rarely gives players 2nd chances does he?

Alan McCormack must be on his 5th chance by now over the time he's been with the club... Eastwood as well had various warnings about his conduct.

BAP_BBC_5205.jpg

Stupid boy.

Well I guess that answers a few questions as to why he has not been in the starting line-up..On the bright side at least we have numbers in depth within the squad to cover this.

:liar:

Just about tops it all off at the moment. Things cant get any worse, can they?...

Possibly a young player become a bit disillusioned by not playing, even though he is one of the best talents the club has seen over the last few years?

So how many players does this leave us with, 14 I think? what a god damn joke this club is starting to turn into when we have only 14 players in a squad, that including 2 players who aren't yet first team material and 2 goalies. so our bench tomorrow is

Joyce
Heard
O'keefe

CRACKING!!!

I wonder how much of that statement was due to the recent games where the crowds have been chanting his name and posts on here?

Imagine if a loads of Zoners had got up there to find no Sawyer even in the side? The Club MUST have released that statement to quell the inevitable uprising that would have ensued...

I hope it's something he and Tilly can resolve and that will make him a stronger and more disciplined player in the future. Or else he can kiss first team football goodbye for us, let alone a Premiership side. I've STILL never seen the boy play more than 3 minutes of football...

Possibly a young player become a bit disillusioned by not playing, even though he is one of the best talents the club has seen over the last few years?

So how many players does this leave us with, 14 I think? what a god damn joke this club is starting to turn into when we have only 14 players in a squad, that including 2 players who aren't yet first team material and 2 goalies. so our bench tomorrow is

Joyce
Heard
O'keefe

CRACKING!!!

Assuming the "paperwork problem" for Friend is sorted of course.

What I dont understand is why we dont have the likes of say Calver or Whittaker on the bench. I appreciate its not an ideal time to be blooded but what is the point of travelling with 14 players two of which are keepers.

What I dont understand is why we dont have the likes of say Calver or Whittaker on the bench. I appreciate its not an ideal time to be blooded but what is the point of travelling with 14 players two of which are keepers.

Agreed. Do they have to sign pro forms to be able to appear though?

If Uncle Ron wants to raise some money, surely he could auction the other places on the bench!

It looks like the lads from SZFC will have to step up to the plate, soon. I hear The General is in good form ;)

Back