• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Club statement - lee sawyer

off topic - can anyone recall the radio interview with Ron after the orient ''geoff king out'' protest game? am i rite in thinking, he declared or guaranteed work would be underway on the stadium in november no matter what.

Or am i mistaken?

Personally I think it goes a long way to explaining why someone who is clearly so talented cannot command a starting place. There really is no other realistic explanation.

Wonder if Geoff King could offer some subtle insights/incites?

Personally I think it goes a long way to explaining why someone who is clearly so talented cannot command a starting place. There really is no other realistic explanation.

Wonder if Geoff King could offer some subtle insights/incites?

"Sawyer is a **** and can f**k right off - talentless little s**t"

Christ... the Echo is gonna have a field day with that... :D

Alan McCormack must be on his 5th chance by now over the time he's been with the club... Eastwood as well had various warnings about his conduct.

What basis do you have for that statement? I've not heard any criticism of Macca being unprofessional in his attitude to training - except for a very cruel rumour started by someone a few months ago :thump:

And there's a surprise. Some bad news, and Shrimperzone gets a whole lot busier...

I was just thinking the same, posters who've been absent for a while suddenly popping up again, things must be bad.
It's all looking bleak at the moment and the Zone is going to get more and more frenzied as Wednesday approaches.
Only two things that give me hope at the moment:
- the number of other clubs who over the years have been reported as being about to go under only to be saved at the last minute
- the number of times the prophets of doom have been proved wrong on here before.
Squeaky bum time as Alex Ferguson so eloquently put it.

What a shocker of a day. APPARENTLY no money to spend on new loan signings, Barnard not being overly keen to sort out a new contract and now Sawyer being bombed.

Such a shame, this time last year Sawyer was pulling up trees and making a real name for himself with 3 goals in 12 games, now rumours of poor effort at training, bad disclipine and failing to attend a pre-match meeting.

Something is obviously happening in his private life, that is affecting his professional life and that shouldn't be happening. I doubt we will ever find out what has happened here.

Such a waste and I'm truly gutted to hear about this.

A real shame. In my view the most talented player in the squad,but you cant go round upsetting the gaffer and your team mates.
Leaves us shockingly under-manned. Surely have to get Walker and Revell back?

But it's still not THESE players we need but a defender!

I've got just the defender we need....
frazerDM1112_228x374.jpg

Any good sunday league players going to the game saturday???? if so bring your boots.

How's Tilly doing with the vets this year? Player manager? he could be the next Ronnie Whelan!

Lee sawyer

The best player in our sqaud,with out a dout.Never gives the ball away,runs and tackles back and always win the ball back.Dont know why he is not in the team.He looks always good when he comes on.He will make with a club big time one day your see.Lets hope it is with us.

The best player in our sqaud,with out a dout.Never gives the ball away,runs and tackles back and always win the ball back.Dont know why he is not in the team.He looks always good when he comes on.He will make with a club big time one day your see.Lets hope it is with us.

While I have no doubt about his ability, there obvious doubts about his discipline and if timekeeping is a problem his application. There have been many "problem" players such as Stan Bowles who've come through getting the sack to carving out a good career, but I'd wager for every Bowles there are numerous players whose careers have gone down the toilet.

I hope this is a wake up call for Sawyer and he knuckles down and becomes the player his undoubted ability deserves.

I'm available, but not sure the club could afford my demands. These include pork AND sweets! I can however, supply my very own gloves, to keep the mits warm!

In all seriousness, this is pretty awful news. The Friend thing still isn't cleared up (either good or bad) and all-in-all, its been a pretty bad 24 hours for this club and things can only seem to get worse, with Wednesday around the corner. I dont understand why Jimmy and Betsy haven't been called back and we CANT AFFORD anymore signings. We must have a pretty low wage bill as it is, so im not sure what is going on tbh!

As Walker is only out for a month he can't be recalled. But I'm pretty sure it runs out after tomorrow so surely he'll be back with us for Gillingham?

With just 13 players tomorrow, I'm hoping Calver and Clayton have been taken.......

I am sure Chelsea won't be too impressed either. He is back with us because he couldn't cut it in the Championship at Coventry. If he doesn't want to play for us and abide by our rules, fine. Let him go. No player is bigger than this club - let alone some 18 year old snotty kid.

Back