• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

thanks for the pm's

this king bloke is gonna get greenberged

Goeff King is a 24 carat ****. What a terrible peice of PR. I witnessed the trouble from only metres away and saw no such thing.

"Southend United in failing to own up to balls up shocker"

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't comment about the West Stand fun & games, but for Mr King to avoid mentioning the antics of the louts in the Exec Boxes speaks louder than what he did say about the West Stand.

May I suggest that if a complaint/response is made about King's statement, it is done by somebody that the club will respect & not by somebody they consider an oik! No offence meant by that, but its obvious that the club will listen certain people than others. Were any of the SZ owners in the West to witness what happened? If they were, then maybe they can colate statements written on here & give to the club.

I won't comment about the West Stand fun & games, but for Mr King to avoid mentioning the antics of the louts in the Exec Boxes speaks louder than what he did say about the West Stand.

May I suggest that if a complaint/response is made about King's statement, it is done by somebody that the club will respect & not by somebody they consider an oik! No offence meant by that, but its obvious that the club will listen certain people than others. Were any of the SZ owners in the West to witness what happened? If they were, then maybe they can colate statements written on here & give to the club.

There goes my chance of a reply then.:)

The other reason it cost 'an extra' 8k seems to be because the club tried to cut costs in the wrong places. For the biggest crowd of the season, where the opposition had a chance of winning the title, we decide that the police weren't needed in the ground, and that our stewards could manage.

It isn't an extra 8 grand you slimy ****, it's 8 grand that should have been budgeted for in this match, so as to ensure the safety of both sets of supporters.

What a ****.

Goeff King is a 24 carat ****. What a terrible peice of PR. I witnessed the trouble from only metres away and saw no such thing.

"Southend United in failing to own up to balls up shocker"

The words 'spot on', spring to mind

Last edited by a moderator:
Petitioning what though?

Well it could cover a number of different areas i suppose. One, that the club retract the statement which says that Southend fans were fighting with each other. Secondly, it could ask Mr King/ Mr Jobson to step down. Thirdly, it could also ask that the club spend adequate amounts of money training the stewards and/or paying the police to stop problems escalating.

There are some ideas and obviously any petition would only have one of those elements in it. I just think that it would put more pressure on the club if they saw a large list of supporters names next to the statements.

Well it could cover a number of different areas i suppose. One, that the club retract the statement which says that Southend fans were fighting with each other. Secondly, it could ask Mr King/ Mr Jobson to step down. Thirdly, it could also ask that the club spend adequate amounts of money training the stewards and/or paying the police to stop problems escalating.

There are some ideas and obviously any petition would only have one of those elements in it. I just think that it would put more pressure on the club if they saw a large list of supporters names next to the statements.

I'd be up for anything like that. The club have treated the fans as mugs in my book

But if they did that there would be hundreds more threads next season asking where the money is for new players, the various threads of players "who could do a job for us" that we cant afford now because of the policing costs....

Mr Kings comments seem very short on facts as well, he didnt mention the probelms in the east stand, the executive boxes were full of Thuggish leicester fans apart form our box, so is that what Southend fans should have to experince when you pay lots of money for a so called executive box (so watch the game in style, more like enjoy the game next to loads of away supporters who are actually thugs and stopping you from enjoying the day.) Also i no this is a smaller matter but everytime i went to the tiolet all the leicester fans were puffing away. Just such hypocrisy

Back