• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
With attendances starting to dwindle, I understand that the Club is to look at possible ways to entice the so called 'marginal supporters' who might otherwise be tempted by the lure of neighbouring clubs such as Canvey , Chelmsford and even Braintree Town, to visit Roots Hall. It is not thought the scheme will be extended to season ticket holders at this time.

Apparently the Club are looking to hire a team of consultants who advise, amongst others,Ryanair.

As I understand it, on matchdays the Club would allow free admission to the ground up to an hour before kick-off and reduce the price of pre-match drinks, but fans would pay more for their burgers and better loos would be installed for which their would be a charge. Other add-ons would include the chance to buy club souvenirs at half time and 'comfort' cushions and blankets (with a SUFC logo) to enhance the SUFC 'experience' on those cold winter nights. Apparently these ideas have been adopted at some major sporting events in America, with some success.

The main revenue stream is expected however to derive from charging people to leave the ground. The 'departure fee ' would depend on how long the fan spent at the ground and provided that the team continue to perform along the lines of the Burton match, the scale being banded about at the moment is as follows:

First twenty five minutes - £20
Twenty five minutes through to half time - £15
Half time to mid way through second half £10
Last twenty minutes £5
End of match - free

I understand that the Club is still mulling over how to treat special cases such as parents on low incomes with children who can't hold themselves and can't afford the 'pee fee', (reputed to be £5).

If successful, the scheme will be rolled out to include season ticket holders next season who, instead of buying their annual ticket, will pay a seat reservation fee and will be able to advance purchase a block of 'departure vouchers' for use on matchdays.

Best idea is to play the football on the grass, that will get the punters in.

The club doesn't need this sort of American style rubbish.

So no-one pays for their seat, stays to the end and still pays nothing? is this for real?

My friend at the club says that they will be increasing CCTV surveillance and anyone caught doing a 'Gerald Depardieu' will be fined.

Players are also said to have mixed feelings over the possibility that they will have their win bonuses cancelled

I honestly think that by continuing to give out free tickets to schools and clubs plus extending kid for a quid and the such like would help - it's only certain games/family days right? Season for a fiver for a kid with a full adult one?

I love you CC. Not like a wife you understand, but like the yellow teddy bear that I had as a child that I gnawed the left ear off of.

I honestly think that by continuing to give out free tickets to schools and clubs plus extending kid for a quid and the such like would help - it's only certain games/family days right? Season for a fiver for a kid with a full adult one?

This is going to be controversial but......

The club already does tickets for £3.00 for an adult and child (price is for two not each) for ALL home league matches to local clubs that ask for the tickets

This is going to be controversial but......

The club already does tickets for £3.00 for an adult and child (price is for two not each) for ALL home league matches to local clubs that ask for the tickets

Don't SZ have a team ? Can't we form a club ? i'll have some of that for £3 hoofball or not :smile:

It is for me??? So nothing changes !!! Ha ha haAll jokes apart if the clubever did something likeThis would we fill up?? Nope. Martin king and now bradyAlong with sturrock have alienated so manyOf the fans some will not go again untilNew owners and all 4 here go. Please let that day be not far

Best parody type post I've read in a long time. Can't believe some are accepting this as a serious thread.

well done CC51DAS

Back