• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Club to invest in new bulbs and technology for the RH scoreboard

CC51DAS

President
Slow news day again but a bit of exciting news emerging from RH this morning - RM has approved the expenditure for some new bulbs (7 to be precise) and some new programming technology to enable a wider variety of messages to be created, with a view to further improving the atmosphere at RH – who said he never spent any money!

We have to be careful when using the score board for ‘cheer-leader’ activity ( remember Bwrian Wheeeler’s – ‘10 minutes to go so lets get right behind your teamS ‘) and ensure we are being fair to both sides.

Of course it is in our favour that the away fans can’t actually see the score board but nonetheless the Club feels to be on the safe side they should use a coded message to get everyone going.

So for example if the new bulbs are arranged in the shape of a sombrero that is a cue for a Mexican wave whilst a crochet symbol denoting music is a cue for a conga ( to be accompanied by flashing lights at the new Friday night mecca).

I understand from the club’s commercial (?) department that they would welcome new ideas. Will be on the OS soon I am led to believe.

And this first post complaining that this money should be spent on new players is due very shortly.....

Hope there not the enviromental friendly bulbs. By the time the things come on the match would of been over.

I know what the score is when I'm there so I'd like to see a static message saying 'This lot are a bunch of *****' with a downward arrow on the screen for the full 90 minutes when Leeds, Col Ewe and Borient visit.

Obviously the arrow will need to be a bit more precise when Col Ewe are down to pick out the fan.

On the topic of making it equal for the away fans who can't see it, what about now when it says "COME ON YOU BLUES"?

I thought we were meant to get a new scorebaord 2 seasons ago....and we still have this cr@p with us now.

Slow news day again but a bit of exciting news emerging from RH this morning - RM has approved the expenditure for some new bulbs (7 to be precise) and some new programming technology to enable a wider variety of messages to be created, with a view to further improving the atmosphere at RH – who said he never spent any money!

We have to be careful when using the score board for ‘cheer-leader’ activity ( remember Bwrian Wheeeler’s – ‘10 minutes to go so lets get right behind your teamS ‘) and ensure we are being fair to both sides.

Of course it is in our favour that the away fans can’t actually see the score board but nonetheless the Club feels to be on the safe side they should use a coded message to get everyone going.

So for example if the new bulbs are arranged in the shape of a sombrero that is a cue for a Mexican wave whilst a crochet symbol denoting music is a cue for a conga ( to be accompanied by flashing lights at the new Friday night mecca).

I understand from the club’s commercial (?) department that they would welcome new ideas. Will be on the OS soon I am led to believe.

Aren't you the guy who told us all that Mildenhall would play out on pitch one match, along with another load of untrue rumours?

I know what the score is when I'm there so I'd like to see a static message saying 'This lot are a bunch of *****' with a downward arrow on the screen for the full 90 minutes when Leeds, Col Ewe and Borient visit.

Obviously the arrow will need to be a bit more precise when Col Ewe are down to pick out the fan.

that would be good.. we could have 'ESSEXS SHAME' when Col U turn up

I thought we were meant to get a new scorebaord 2 seasons ago....and we still have this cr@p with us now.

fairly sure that Ron publically stated that they would not invest in the scoreboard as it was throwing money away when we would have a new one at fossets farm in the near future -- this was some time ago

I, for one, like the old school "teletext" look of the scoreboard and therefore approve the style in which you have written this post.

Back