• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agent Lomas

Manager
So, in light of Adam Barrett's new deal, in yesterday's echo, CP said four league two clubs are after Prosser. I can't help thinking that Yeovil must be one of those four...Sturrock "n'all".

The other three are probably teams who were near the top last season, although Cambridge would probably be a good call, given their recent signings, Leon Legge (Gillingham), Keith Keane (Preston), Mark Roberts (Fleetwood captain) & obviously BBBC.

I think the time for Luke to move is approaching. It will be a real shame as I rate the guy as a wholehearted club player, doesn't complain, does any job that he is asked to do on the pitch and so. But you only have to look at the empirical evidence of the past few seasons to see that if he is to play as regularly as he would want, then a move to another lower league club is probably the best move for him. If it happens I will be sad, but not surprised.

Been a good servant to the club over the last few years but league 1 is above him in my opinion.

Not sure it would be good for him to play under Sturrock again if he were interested. May take him backwards....he has improved immensely under Brown cutting out a lot of the hoofs.

I think we should of offered him a two year deal, to be honest. He's a good pro and can play CB and LB. If we put everyone on a one year deal we could have a mass exodus at the end of next season.

So, in light of Adam Barrett's new deal, in yesterday's echo, CP said four league two clubs are after Prosser. I can't help thinking that Yeovil must be one of those four...Sturrock "n'all".

The other three are probably teams who were near the top last season, although Cambridge would probably be a good call, given their recent signings, Leon Legge (Gillingham), Keith Keane (Preston), Mark Roberts (Fleetwood captain) & obviously BBBC.

My main concern is mighty CU have already signed 4 players whilst we are releasing them.

My main concern is mighty CU have already signed 4 players whilst we are releasing them.
First of all why does it concern you who Cambridge sign? They're in the league below us. Also, the only players we've released have been dead wood players that can't even make the bench in league 2, so that's hardly an issue either.

I think the time for Luke to move is approaching. It will be a real shame as I rate the guy as a wholehearted club player, doesn't complain, does any job that he is asked to do on the pitch and so. But you only have to look at the empirical evidence of the past few seasons to see that if he is to play as regularly as he would want, then a move to another lower league club is probably the best move for him. If it happens I will be sad, but not surprised.

I suspect you're right here. However, Barrett's contract is only for one year. If I were Luke I would also be tempted to stay and fight for my place. I would say that at the moment he's number three where 2 will play. (Not forgetting that Adam Thompson may well not be fit at the beginning of the season.) The odds are therefore not all that bad. All it takes is what happened to him, i.e. an injury to someone else and he's in. If he performs (like Barrett did when Luke was injured) then he'll keep his place.

Moreover, that is based on what happened at the end of last season, and doesn't take into account performances during pre-season. He could also learn a lot from working with Barrett that will stand him in good stead for the future.

Basically what I'm saying is that you may well be right, but I would really like Luke to stay and make a fight of it.

IMO he's definitely good enough for L1. If Bolger is, then so is Luke, so that shouldn't be a concern.

First of all why does it concern you who Cambridge sign? They're in the league below us. Also, the only players we've released have been dead wood players that can't even make the bench in league 2, so that's hardly an issue either.

Whilst other clubs sign players we always are back of the queue waiting for deadwood or freebies.

CU did sign our top scorer.

Whilst other clubs sign players we always are back of the queue waiting for deadwood or freebies.

CU did sign our top scorer.

Or maybe we're talking to better quality players that they're not even in the running for?

For clarity, I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just pointing out there is always more than one interpretation. It never ceases to amaze me how you can always see the negative in a situation.

Last edited:
Or maybe we're talking to better quality players that they're not even in the running for?

For clarity, I'm not I'm right, I'm just pointing out there is always more than one interpretation. It never ceases to amaze me how you can always see the negative in a situation.

Eastwood Barnard Woodrow Coulthirst Cassidy to name just 5,Hence my negativity !,whilst our only scorers excluding Payne and Worral as in Corr and Pig have left the club.

For clarity, I'm not I'm right, I'm just pointing out there is always more than one interpretation. It never ceases to amaze me how you can always see the negative in a situation.

you do not actually believe the first part of your post do you?

Eastwood Barnard Woodrow Coulthirst Cassidy to name just 5,Hence my negativity !,whilst our only scorers excluding Payne and Worral as in Corr and Pig have left the club.

Are you against us signing players on loan? Cassidy improved greatly towards the end of his loan spell and is one of those players who will carry on scoring once he scores his first.

Coulthirst was called back by Spurs just as he was improving for us.

Woodrow was a regular starter for Fulham last season, after his loan spell with us gave him first team experience.

Pigott was always going back to Charlton anyway, hence the word "loan" :thumbsup:

Yeovil will obviously be after him with the Stuurock connection. Think now is the time for him to move on, hopefully for a small fee, and bring in a League 1 quality player in his place. Won't mind if he ends up staying but would say if he were to leave now it would probably be best for all parties.

I don't understand that. What has that got to do with not signing players now? Let's not confuse the issue. You were complaining that CU have signed 4 players and us none AT THIS POINT. Your post above doesn't prove you have a right to negativity NOW.

Are you against us signing players on loan? Cassidy improved greatly towards the end of his loan spell and is one of those players who will carry on scoring once he scores his first.

Coulthirst was called back by Spurs just as he was improving for us.

Woodrow was a regular starter for Fulham last season, after his loan spell with us gave him first team experience.

Pigott was always going back to Charlton anyway, hence the word "loan" :thumbsup:

Every player you mentioned apart from Piggy failed,the others managed 5/6 league goals amongst theirselves in around combined 70 league appearances.That ratio is shocking

My levels of 'Lukey Man Love' are still extremely high.
In the past two seasons he was in superb form when unlucky injuries forced him out if the team.
The form of his replacements both times meant that he rightly didn't regain his place.
The guy was poor when he joined us , but IMO has improved every season.
Don't see why that improvement cannot continue in L1 and even if not first choice ( which I think he can be ) would be an excellent back up.
I would also add that IMO , there is not a vast difference between the top 10 in L2 and the bottom 10 in L1.

I think Luke has a long term future with the blues, Barrett has not, and Luke has improved so much he should stay, at the moment as PB stated he is a left sided CB not many around. I'm a fan of Luke and think but he may not fancy a short contract or sitting on the bench. Adam Barrett is not gods gift to SUFC.

I like Pross but I won't be surprised to see him move on. No more than a squad player in League One.

Bringing this thread back on message...... If Thompson, Bolger and Barrett are match fit and playing well, they will get the nod ahead of Luke. Even when he had a run and did well, after an injury or whatever, he just couldn't get back in the driving seat. If I was him I would be thinking ' what more can I do, I wan to play regularly', hence my feeling he will be off to easier climbs.

In passing, I'm buggered if I know how you managed to introduce negativity into this thread mrsb, surely it's about clubs that are after buying Luke?

Back