• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News 'Clubs may have to play all of next season with reduced capacities'

Think we will be lucky to see any grounds open 20/21 season. Just don't know how football is going to survive. Boris is very likely to not allow matches in front of crowds, due to this bloody Covid 19. I hope im totally wrong but it don't look promising !

the only way I can see football surviving is if the players accept lower wages for playing behind closed doors until either a vaccine is found or herd immunity has been obtained.

Personally I'd be happy to return to a game right now wearing a facemask as long as there were temperature checks carried out at the turnstile but I'm well aware that I'm probably in the minority

I think iFollow will be our only way to watch us play for a while.

the only way I can see football surviving is if the players accept lower wages for playing behind closed doors until either a vaccine is found or herd immunity has been obtained.

Personally I'd be happy to return to a game right now wearing a facemask as long as there were temperature checks carried out at the turnstile but I'm well aware that I'm probably in the minority

But what use is a temperature check?

A lot of people are either asymptomatic or presymptomatic so this won't pick up anything.

I wonder whether the lack of crowds / atmosphere at PL games may result in some people not renewing their sky / bt sports subscriptions ? ( I’ve heard several people saying it’s not the same ).
Would this then not also have some knock on effect in the money going into football ( albeit mostly at the top ).
Maybe I’m wrong though ?

I wonder whether the lack of crowds / atmosphere at PL games may result in some people not renewing their sky / bt sports subscriptions ? ( I’ve heard several people saying it’s not the same ).
Would this then not also have some knock on effect in the money going into football ( albeit mostly at the top ).
Maybe I’m wrong though ?
I’ve never watched so much football on Sky .. but that’s maybe because it’s all that’s on offer! As soon as the new season kicks off I’ll probably only watch Southend again. The lack of crowds on the tv hasn’t bothered me tbh.

I’ve never watched so much football on Sky .. but that’s maybe because it’s all that’s on offer! As soon as the new season kicks off I’ll probably only watch Southend again. The lack of crowds on the tv hasn’t bothered me tbh.

That’s interesting because I’ve heard several people say that the games are like soulless friendlies.

That’s interesting because I’ve heard several people say that the games are like soulless friendlies.
I appreciate that point of view .. it’s very different. You can hear everything the managers and players are saying which is interesting. Would I want it permanently? No, course not .. but as a novelty I’ve found it’s ok..

I appreciate that point of view .. it’s very different. You can hear everything the managers and players are saying which is interesting. Would I want it permanently? No, course not .. but as a novelty I’ve found it’s ok..

I think until the ‘crowd noises’ include abusing the ref , it’s never going to be realistic enough !

I think until the ‘crowd noises’ include abusing the ref , it’s never going to be realistic enough !

I think you should be able to choose a soundtrack from different eras. You could have songs and the abuse from the 70's, 80's, 90's etc.......Would also remind the most privileged young men in Britain, that they should be taking a knee for us fans.....They owe us everything they have.....We don't owe them a thing.

Back