• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News 'Clubs may have to play all of next season with reduced capacities'

The fact that we are in lge 2 next season, i expect a drop in supporters attending anyway.

The fact that we are in lge 2 next season, i expect a drop in supporters attending anyway.
Problem is would we even be allowed 50% capacity at Roots Hall? We could be one of the lower ones down towards 20%. Can't see how they can stop people chanting/shouting/cheering though?

Also if away fans are banned what a boring season it will be.

if it is reduced crowds for the entirity of next season I wouldn't expect many signings this summer, in fact I'd be worried if we did splash out as we'd either overstretch or fall foul of FFP. this club really is on a knife edge whilst we wait for the fossets farm approval.

if it is reduced crowds for the entirity of next season I wouldn't expect many signings this summer, in fact I'd be worried if we did splash out as we'd either overstretch or fall foul of FFP. this club really is on a knife edge whilst we wait for the fossets farm approval.

If its reduced capacity then Ron could always up the prices. What about if you pay more you get first choice on where to sit?

It might be that the FFP rules will be amended as, I suspect, most clubs would fall foul of the rules without making any signings.

It might be that the FFP rules will be amended as, I suspect, most clubs would fall foul of the rules without making any signings.

They'd have to be careful with that, clubs like Mansfield, Forest Green and Bolton are already splashing out so if they go up due to reckless spending it makes the whole ffp pointless

Presumably supporter coaches will not be viable with social distancing.
Can't see away fans being allowed to start with anyway.
Coach companies must be really struggling at the moment. There are hardly any private coaches on the roads at the moment.

They'd have to be careful with that, clubs like Mansfield, Forest Green and Bolton are already splashing out so if they go up due to reckless spending it makes the whole ffp pointless

Indeed. It has the potential to cause all sorts of problems next season.

Can't see away fans being allowed to start with anyway.
Coach companies must be really struggling at the moment. There are hardly any private coaches on the roads at the moment.
Cooks coaches in Southend are running their daily trips as usual at the moment, with half capacity, 26 passengers.
Blues on Tour use their coaches

Cooks coaches in Southend are running their daily trips as usual at the moment, with half capacity, 26 passengers.
Blues on Tour use their coaches
Are they even getting 26 people to go on trips at the moment?
If away fans are allowed then a coach with only 26 people will mean a trip to somewhere like Barrow could be £70 per person.

Well with the latest announcement we might not even see restricted capacities allowed this year?
I really can't see how the season can start in Sept now.

Well with the latest announcement we might not even see restricted capacities allowed this year?
I really can't see how the season can start in Sept now.

I completely agree, I can't see the season taking place, the clubs cannot afford to play behind closed doors.

for once Ron's dithering may play into our hands nicely

Comments to this - a lack of cheering shouldn't be a problem judging by this season... Joking aside I think they will do FFP averaged over 3 years or something akin as they can't do it otherwise. I wouldn't mind spending a bit more on coaches, it's pretty exceptional circumstances.

Think we will be lucky to see any grounds open 20/21 season. Just don't know how football is going to survive. Boris is very likely to not allow matches in front of crowds, due to this bloody Covid 19. I hope im totally wrong but it don't look promising !

Think we will be lucky to see any grounds open 20/21 season. Just don't know how football is going to survive. Boris is very likely to not allow matches in front of crowds, due to this bloody Covid 19. I hope im totally wrong but it don't look promising !
Not much he can do i guess if there is a spike, guessing it wld be thee same for any party in charge. Always. Te cas eof the should have done things differently etc but we are where we are right now.

I will buy my ST no matter what, when they are put on sale, and hope for the best.

Back