• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clumsy or sinister ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the moderators allowing continued and repeated personal abuse of Tangled up in Blue? I thought personal insults were not permitted? Clearly ignoring the fact I have reported several of the posts on this thread, I am now publicly asking why is this being allowed?

No matter how riled up another poster makes you, this is supposed to be a forum where personal abuse is not tolerated - "play the post, not the poster"! If TUIB annoys you so much, then just put him on ignore - we are all entitled to our different opinions and to express them, I think you will find that he has never resorted to responding to name calling and for that I admire him. I disagree totally with a number of his politics but that doesn't mean I find it acceptable to allow the kind of behaviour that's gone on for the last week or so here.

Shame on you moderators! :thumbdown:

Why are the moderators allowing continued and repeated personal abuse of Tangled up in Blue? I thought personal insults were not permitted? Clearly ignoring the fact I have reported several of the posts on this thread, I am now publicly asking why is this being allowed?

No matter how riled up another poster makes you, this is supposed to be a forum where personal abuse is not tolerated - "play the post, not the poster"! If TUIB annoys you so much, then just put him on ignore - we are all entitled to our different opinions and to express them, I think you will find that he has never resorted to responding to name calling and for that I admire him. I disagree totally with a number of his politics but that doesn't mean I find it acceptable to allow the kind of behaviour that's gone on for the last week or so here.

Well said OBL,

Bullying IMO should never be tolerated whatever the circumstances,end of,fact.

see post 135 !

My little dig I suspect. Let me explain. When TUIB takes a sly dig and attempts to take the moral high ground I simply remind him of his own flaws that he hopes the rest of us forget.

I tend not to forget. Sorry and all that.

A forum is all about opinions,yours mine and his are all valid and should be respected but if he hbad attacked you as he has myself then i would defend your right to hit back any way you could for example like you and true blue when you had your spats
The names i refer to him by are in my not abuse but purely my personal opinion of him as a poster.
He has called me a xenophobe a right winger a racist and a criminal and i have called him names that in my opinion fit his persona.
SBH has very very nicely asked me to stop calling him the T name because of two complaints which i feel is censorship of the worse kind,censership against my opinion which is very dear to me so OBL i say shame on you,if you dont like the post or poster then ignore it or them.
When i reply to SBH i will ask him to remove me from the forum because when i post i post from my heart with no ******** or bollox and you are stopping me from doing that and i do not do false so i would rather do nothing.
congrats on making this forum user friendly and sterile.
Tony the toad hater.

A forum is all about opinions,yours mine and his are all valid and should be respected but if he hbad attacked you as he has myself then i would defend your right to hit back any way you could for example like you and true blue when you had your spats
The names i refer to him by are in my not abuse but purely my personal opinion of him as a poster.
He has called me a xenophobe a right winger a racist and a criminal and i have called him names that in my opinion fit his persona.
SBH has very very nicely asked me to stop calling him the T name because of two complaints which i feel is censorship of the worse kind,censership against my opinion which is very dear to me so OBL i say shame on you,if you dont like the post or poster then ignore it or them.
When i reply to SBH i will ask him to remove me from the forum because when i post i post from my heart with no ******** or bollox and you are stopping me from doing that and i do not do false so i would rather do nothing.
Tony the toad hater.
there are a number of us that express our opinions forcefully but I agree with OBL that on this thread there are some lines that have been crossed. For me the post that uses expletives against another poster was too much as it was overly aggressive and the post where photos of another poster are offered is also crossing a line (anonymity is something that is accepted as a crucial to the forum). These are from two different posters which could indicate we take on board new levels of what we think is acceptable.
We all need reminding to reign it in a bit sometimes and I agree that this is one of those times.

I have replied to SBH stating that i will not comply with his and the owners wishes and have asked to be removed from the forum.
As such i wish you all the best for 2017 and beyond.

I have messaged Tangled enquiring about aspects of Spain,he has replied being courteous and informative and I thank him for sparing time to answer me.

I don't know and don't want to know the goings on between some of you,but come on guys keep it civil and as OBL said use the ignore feature or PM each other.

Tony the toad hater.

Tony, I would defend your right to express your views, but yours (and others) continuous personal insults are just not acceptable. It's as simple as that. I have blocked people in the past because I could not contain myself in responding, sometimes, that's all that needs to be done for a while.

Other people were guilty in this thread, not just you.

I am sorry if you feel you have to leave the Zone, because you have played a part in its success and you, like me, have sought its support at times. Please reconsider that decision.

I have replied to SBH stating that i will not comply with his and the owners wishes and have asked to be removed from the forum.
As such i wish you all the best for 2017 and beyond.

Shame you feel that way bloke,I enjoyed some of your posts,up to you how you react ,but throwing in the towel is a bit lame.

Turn the other cheek.

Tony, I would defend your right to express your views, but yours (and others) continuous personal insults are just not acceptable. It's as simple as that. I have blocked people in the past because I could not contain myself in responding, sometimes, that's all that needs to be done for a while.

Other people were guilty in this thread, not just you.

I am sorry if you feel you have to leave the Zone, because you have played a part in its success and you, like me, have sought its support at times. Please reconsider that decision.

Happy now?

My forum name, or the correct spelling of it (Beezelbub) is a purely imaginary and fictional character. The only person that is ever likely to be offended by it is a fundamentalist Christian or such like. Not quite the same as AB quote now is it.

And to add a little context. It was given to me 23 years ago by a good lady friend in jest who didn't know the proper name and spelt it as it sounded. Not really that offensive is it now but I think you made your somewhat weak point jusdging by the post 'likes' ;)

My forum name, or the correct spelling of it (Beezelbub) is a purely imaginary and fictional character. The only person that is ever likely to be offended by it is a fundamentalist Christian or such like. Not quite the same as AB quote now is it.

And to add a little context. It was given to me 23 years ago by a good lady friend in jest who didn't know the proper name and spelt it as it sounded. Not really that offensive is it now but I think you made your somewhat weak point jusdging by the post 'likes' ;)
less of a weak point and more of a 5 person party of LOLs - probably the most successful party I have ever thrown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back