• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

C'mon Ron....Talk to us ....your paying customers

Ron still gets the blame for Sainsbury's conning the club to block competition in the supermarket world. Just like they did with Bristol R.

Since then he has progressed the plan with BL but in the end they wanted to much money, so he has found alternative funding which is in our fans favour........Whys that?. Well he will write off our £17m debt, gift a large number of the flats at FF to SUFC.....so that we have a further revenue income for the club with the rent and will donate some land to the Church for parking.

Yet he gets accused of no money, false promises and some how deliberately delaying FF.....Every time your council that you voted for, pass the buck with another new excuse.

You can't speak or reason with a mob. Ron has learnt that much and he has learnt the hard way. If he sticks to small groups who will listen rather than putting up with a doubting Thomas that turns up to rant and rave, then that works much better.

Last edited:
Ron still gets the blame for Sainsbury's conning the club to block competition in the supermarket world. Just like they did with Bristol R.

Since then he has progressed the plan with BL but in the end they wanted to much money, so he has found alternative funding which is in our fans favour........Whys that?. Well he will write off our £17m debt, gift a large number of the flats at FF to SUFC.....so that we have a further revenue income for the club with the rent and will donate some land to the Church for parking.

Yet he gets accused of no money, false promises and some how deliberately delaying FF.....Every time your council that you voted for pass the buck with another new excuse.

You can't speak or reason with a mob. Ron has learnt that much and he has learnt the hard way. If he sticks to small groups who will listen rather than putting up with a doubting Thomas that turns up to rant, rave and that works much better.
So good to read a well-argued reply.

Yet he gets accused of no money, false promises and some how deliberately delaying FF.....Every time your council that you voted for pass the buck with another new excuse.

You can't speak or reason with a mob. Ron has learnt that much and he has learnt the hard way. If he sticks to small groups who will listen rather than putting up with a doubting Thomas that turns up to rant, rave and that works much better.

Facts wrong again, Bristol Rovers lost in High Court to Sainsburys because they could not meet their obligation of planning permission and lawfully Sainsburys terminated the contract

I agree with Doubting Thomas point, but when you promise the earth the mind set is fixed for many

Is or has the job been advertised in the Media?

Yes, he's paid for full page adverts in the Times, Guardian, Independent and Yellow Advertiser and double page spreads in the Gazzetta dello Sport and Le Monde in case any Italian or French managers fancy the job. There's a wrap around advert on the front and back pages of EL PAIS and he's hired a bi-plane with banner to fly over the Millwall training ground on the hour every hour for the next 2 days.

Perhaps no one of note wants the job.

There’s currently 91 clubs in the football league and many many hundreds of current and aspiring managers all looking to either get back into the game or get an opportunity at a management role.

I reckon Ron would’ve received a huge number of applicants, many of which would’ve been decent applicants. It’s a case of shortlisting and deciding who to interview. Then we negotiate a contract etc. it’s not a quick process.

We’re a league one team with a fair budget and a good squad on paper. Six games in so plenty of time to turn it around. Any managers who back their own ability will see it as a decent opportunity and a project.

Is or has the job been advertised in the Media?
I don't think I've ever seen a advert saying 'professional football manager wanted'. There aren't many professional football managerial roles out there so unless a potential manager has a really **** agent they'll already be aware that we're looking for someone.

Facts wrong again, Bristol Rovers lost in High Court to Sainsburys because they could not meet their obligation of planning permission and lawfully Sainsburys terminated the contract

I agree with Doubting Thomas point, but when you promise the earth the mind set is fixed for many

Sainsburys done exactly the same tactics with SUFC and Bristol R by dragging out the project. Remember when they pulled out of buying some land from Southend college on seven different occasions.

In Bristol they used the Teresa May method of negotiating with the council when they tried to get planning......Thats why Rovers tried to force them to still buy the land and lost in court........That does not alter the fact that Sainsburys had no intention of seeing through both schemes.

Ok Rigsby I wont argue as you are always in the know

Shame you are not a high court judge and then throw it out, must be a bind studying law for years, reading pages and pages of case study ,go through the motions and finding a Southend supporter knows more than you do

Yes, he's paid for full page adverts in the Times, Guardian, Independent and Yellow Advertiser and double page spreads in the Gazzetta dello Sport and Le Monde in case any Italian or French managers fancy the job. There's a wrap around advert on the front and back pages of EL PAIS and he's hired a bi-plane with banner to fly over the Millwall training ground on the hour every hour for the next 2 days.
No advert in the Echo though....big mistake

You do talk rubbish sometimes...it's every half hour.

You can't speak or reason with a mob. Ron has learnt that much and he has learnt the hard way. If he sticks to small groups who will listen rather than putting up with a doubting Thomas that turns up to rant and rave, then that works much better.

I have no intention of ranting or raving but, after 17 years, I do sometimes doubt he has the wherewithal to make it happen. I also remain curious as to where his millions come from, given none of the companies he appears to be associated with appear to post modest, let alone big, profits.

I have no intention of ranting or raving but, after 17 years, I do sometimes doubt he has the wherewithal to make it happen. I also remain curious as to where his millions come from, given none of the companies he appears to be associated with appear to post modest, let alone big, profits.

Like 99% of developers he will be using some one else's money......He has never denied that or claimed otherwise. The original scheme was always going to be funded by Sainsburys.

My understanding of how he explained it was that BL wanted to much of the FF scheme rather than money.

My guess would be that Ron as the land owner would offer say the retail and cinema to his new funders in exchange for a stadium, hotel and flats being built. Perhaps BL wanted control of the flats and hotel as well.

As I say I don't know so just a guess at who wants what. But it certainly wont be a case of Ron borrowing £400m and then trying to rent or sell a cinema, shops, hotel flats and then 500 houses at RH etc.

Heard from a fairly good source (not HP), that RM was not on holiday , but out in the Middle East trying to find a buyer

Back