• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coach travel

Lavender Blue

Youth Team ⭐⭐
Can I ask, why do the coaches leave so early to get to matches, I totally understand giving some extra time due to traffic, however when you arrive at a ground 2 and a half hours before kick off, this is extreme, especially when the ground is not near any amenities. Many people travel by coach to avoid having to walk long distances, then we find there is nothing available at the ground. Woking was a prime example of this. For Barnet the coach leaves Roots Hall at 15.30, this again could potentially arrive at around 17.30 if not before. I don’t understand the need to get there at this time, surely an hour before kick off is more than ok?

You can't cut it as fine as to aim to arrive an hour before. The roads are far too unpredictable, plus, leaving from Roots Hall at 15:30, they then have to make stops for pick ups at the designated pick up points. That can easily take an hour at that time of day as you're in the middle of school traffic and then negotiating the M25 at peak period too.

I think both services aim to get there in enough time for people to have a relaxed drink and something to eat beforehand and I believe our times are set in discussion with the coach company.

Back