• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coaching staff

annie1954

Newbie⭐
Can anyone with inside knowledge of the club explain why in these very worrying times of staff going unpaid and supporters trying to raise cash to help pay wages plus help from other sponsors and football clubs how is that the club are advertising for 2 new vacancies involved with the academy coaching? This just doesn’t add up creating new jobs when we can’t pay existing staff on time. Please someone explain before I think about donating more money in the future,

Can anyone with inside knowledge of the club explain why in these very worrying times of staff going unpaid and supporters trying to raise cash to help pay wages plus help from other sponsors and football clubs how is that the club are advertising for 2 new vacancies involved with the academy coaching? This just doesn’t add up creating new jobs when we can’t pay existing staff on time. Please someone explain before I think about donating more money in the future,
I expect they are replacing staff who left as they weren’t being paid.

I just find all this incredible, somebody in the club has lost the plot .
It’s a bit like the orchestra playing as the titanic sinks !

It just gets worse ,when is the club ever going to turn the corner and not be the joke it's become. Isn't the funding for the academy in doubt anyway next season?.Who seriously apart from someone desperate would take a gamble on the position.Also the standard of players the academy can attract must surely be falling.

Well indeed.

A real shame as our Academy is (Was) a real gem considering our level.

Unfortunately it appears to be unraveling somewhat, for reasons we are well aware of.
Dont we lose funding for it soon anyway?

Dont we lose funding for it soon anyway?
Yep. I think all EFL funding is cut at the end of the season and we lose our Academy status (If we aren't promoted back to the EFL) and we'll end up in the National League U19 Alliance (South) instead.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can confirm.

Is the bridging loan real?
I think Ron is struggling to raise the loan. Loans don’t take months to secure.
Who would lend Ron money with his credit rating?
Having said that he has come up with the dosh when previous duels with tax man.

Reactions: TJC
Yep. I think all EFL funding is cut at the end of the season and we lose our Academy status (If we aren't promoted back to the EFL) and we'll end up in the National League U19 Alliance (South) instead.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can confirm.
I believe we can remain in the EFL Alliance, but have to fund everything ourselves. But don't quote me on that!

The National League U19s is pretty much for college teams, playing under the name of senior clubs. An alternative option is the club fielding teams in the Eastern Junior Alliance on a Sunday.

Back