• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

nice compact old skool ground where you are close to the action. And on the way there you can seek out the tower that is (was?) used for testing lifts - and who wouldn't want to see that?!!

Actually I hate the place. Firstly, it's hardly old school. It's a meccano set from the 1990s with so many wide open sides that the noise escapes before it even comes out of the fans' mouths so there's never any atmosphere. As "modern" stadia go it's one of the worst. At least the really modern bowls keep the noise in, and create a bit of atmosphere.

That said, I'll be there!

It's funny how we see things differently isn't it?

The ground is relatively new and is stuck out on a retail area that has no character or redeeming features - you could be on any similar retail area anywhere across the country such is the level of bland that shouts at you. The ground inside is okay-ish and is compact - try to ignore the "dragon" mascot (more associated with Wales and I don't know what has that got to do with Northampton and it's history of shoe making).

I have been numerous times and will wait and see closer to the date as to whether to go or not. Good memories recently have been "The Bilel Show" where 1 man takes on another team (and wins) and it was of course the place where Assombalonga got "lucky" with his first goal and pushed on from there.

And I eagerly await news of players returning from injury.

The mascot may be annoying as it has no relevance to Northampton, but the lad is a gem he did all of day 8 of Jeff Stellings Men United March for Prostate Cancer UK in that outfit!

Missed saturday as I was taking my daughter back to uni. Had planned to go with mate but now will be missing this as taking my son to look at uni's

Gutted, was supposed to be going to this game but the wife decided to book Peppa Pig World tickets for the same day. Even though it says on the calendar Northampton away. :pig:

I've been before by coach but I haven't driven there by car before, can anyone advise what the parking is like because if I remember rightly it's pretty naff?

I've been before by coach but I haven't driven there by car before, can anyone advise what the parking is like because if I remember rightly it's pretty naff?

Last time I went there was a field near the stadium with loads of spaces.

Always seem to be good games and lots of goals when we play there (cue a 0-0 now). Remember the 5-2 from a few a seasons back one of the best games Ive seen. Thought we were destiend to go up as champions after watching that.

Actually I hate the place. Firstly, it's hardly old school. It's a meccano set from the 1990s with so many wide open sides that the noise escapes before it even comes out of the fans' mouths so there's never any atmosphere. As "modern" stadia go it's one of the worst. At least the really modern bowls keep the noise in, and create a bit of atmosphere.

1994 so I guess not that old. I can't really remember what the ground looks like tbh - but that the seats are close in to the pitch, that the ground is in a big dip, and of course the long walk from the train station with the lift tower on the way.

I often get confused as to what grounds look like and have to check my photos / match reports - that's why I write it all down, to try to trigger some kind of recognition!

Gutted, was supposed to be going to this game but the wife decided to book Peppa Pig World tickets for the same day. Even though it says on the calendar Northampton away. :pig:

Pepper Pig World Ricey, really?????

Loads of parking, it's on a leisure/retail park but restrictions are in force on matchdays so be careful where you park. The club as 2 large field like car parks about £3 per car if I remember correctly. The car park at the bottom of the hill is a pig to get out of so
I'd recommend the one at the top of the hill opposite the pub that burned down.

Good luck!

My first game of the season and trip to Sixfields so looking forward to this.

Even managed to convince my Newcastle, Blackburn and Man Utd supporting mates to join. Hoping we make a decent game of it so they'll come to the MK game with me!

Every time I have been there the food outlets (either end of the small shed like seats (same as Burton, Scunny etc) have run out of just about everything before kick off and the staff say "we were told to expect only 2-300 of you".:facepalm:

It's funny how we see things differently isn't it?

The ground is relatively new and is stuck out on a retail area that has no character or redeeming features - you could be on any similar retail area anywhere across the country such is the level of bland that shouts at you. The ground inside is okay-ish and is compact - try to ignore the "dragon" mascot (more associated with Wales and I don't know what has that got to do with Northampton and it's history of shoe making).

I have been numerous times and will wait and see closer to the date as to whether to go or not. Good memories recently have been "The Bilel Show" where 1 man takes on another team (and wins) and it was of course the place where Assombalonga got "lucky" with his first goal and pushed on from there.

And I eagerly await news of players returning from injury.

Highlight for me was a few years back when True Blue hit a superb volley from the terraces way back on to the pitch while the Cobblers were rushing to get their corner taken with seconds left,their fans went berserk.:clap:

I can't decide whether that is the weakest or the weirdest excuse I have heard for not attending. :unsure:

Hash tag: Putyourfootdownman

'Cobblers Away' ....or bilateral orchiectomy to give it it's correct medical term

As a dad with a football hating wife I totally get where you are coming from. But his still made me smile

This for the response looks we will have good following.Does anyone know how many tickets been sold?

Back