• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
Yes I know it's a bit early but wouldn't be great if take a big following this Saturday to spur the players to make sure that the result against Millwall isn't a one off performance

Anyone else planing to go?

I'm sure there will be 800 + shrimpers in attendance. Unfortunately I won't be one of them. Been roped into watching a show with the inlaws.

Another win would set the posh game up nicely for a big gate.

Are tickets available on the day, I seen the great link in the Away days section on here, DoDTS has all the fact at his finger tips.
Look on forums page for all other away travel.
Keep it up Peter. :)

Last edited:
I'll be there, been dealt a bad hand with row A seats though! The pub ontop of the hill (hungry horse I think) burnt down, don't know if they've rebuilt it or not. Like going in there pre match.

This will be the first away day of the season for me and the boy. Never done Sixfields before, looking forward to it.

Hmmm, maybe. Nice and close for me obviously, but the MK Dons game is in a few weeks.

One of the closest away games for me.

So big shout out to my niece for having her birthday party (in Westcliff) this Saturday and roping me in to help. On the drive down, I'll probably be passing people en route to the game. :facepalm:

I'll be there, been dealt a bad hand with row A seats though! The pub ontop of the hill (hungry horse I think) burnt down, don't know if they've rebuilt it or not. Like going in there pre match.

It did burn down, I was there and my car nearly got cremated too! :witch Hunt::witch Hunt:

Boring game vs non league side so spent most of the game watching fire and hoping my car which was parked in the pub car park was OK. Which it was.

Nice compact old school ground where you are close to the action.

It's funny how we see things differently isn't it?

The ground is relatively new and is stuck out on a retail area that has no character or redeeming features - you could be on any similar retail area anywhere across the country such is the level of bland that shouts at you. The ground inside is okay-ish and is compact - try to ignore the "dragon" mascot (more associated with Wales and I don't know what has that got to do with Northampton and it's history of shoe making).

I have been numerous times and will wait and see closer to the date as to whether to go or not. Good memories recently have been "The Bilel Show" where 1 man takes on another team (and wins) and it was of course the place where Assombalonga got "lucky" with his first goal and pushed on from there.

And I eagerly await news of players returning from injury.

It's funny how we see things differently isn't it?

The ground is relatively new and is stuck out on a retail area that has no character or redeeming features - you could be on any similar retail area anywhere across the country such is the level of bland that shouts at you. The ground inside is okay-ish and is compact - try to ignore the "dragon" mascot (more associated with Wales and I don't know what has that got to do with Northampton and it's history of shoe making).

I have been numerous times and will wait and see closer to the date as to whether to go or not. Good memories recently have been "The Bilel Show" where 1 man takes on another team (and wins) and it was of course the place where Assombalonga got "lucky" with his first goal and pushed on from there.

And I eagerly await news of players returning from injury.
1994 so I guess not that old. I can't really remember what the ground looks like tbh - but that the seats are close in to the pitch, that the ground is in a big dip, and of course the long walk from the train station with the lift tower on the way.

I often get confused as to what grounds look like and have to check my photos / match reports - that's why I write it all down, to try to trigger some kind of recognition!

I will be there as my polish friend live near the ground & she up for being a Shimpers for the day :thumbsup:

Back