• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wally4pm

Old Timer
I understand from the Box Office this morning that we have only sold 400 tickets for this game.

Personally I'm buying mine on the day because the club won't post my ticket at this time of the year in case it doesn't arrive on time. Reasonable I suppose but I'm not travelling all the way to Southend just to pick my ticket up. The Box Office assures me that we can buy tickets on the day at the ground, so come on everyone lets get behind the team for another thrilling 1-0 away win.

Team selections and predictions please.

Last edited:
We are an absolute shambles at the minute. Lost 11 of the last 14. Expecting more new players in before this. Our defence is currently dire. 2-1 Southend.

We are an absolute shambles at the minute. Lost 11 of the last 14. Expecting more new players in before this. Our defence is currently dire. 2-1 Southend.

Have you seen our recent results? You obviously haven't as you would know that we can't score 1 goal let alone 2 :winking:

Think this will be tougher than we think, Northamptons luck will change soon and we seem to be picking up points away from home to so I will take a 1-0 win but something tells me this has 1-1 all over it with o'toole getting there goal of course and another booking to go with that.

Northampton 6 Southend 6

Report by Mrs B..

The Blues were 6 down with 33 left on the clock when the 700 away fans began throwing urine at the Southend bench and screaming play 442.The blues manager Brown was forced to play Shaq and Jason up top with Jack just behind,Suddenly the cobblers were transfixed as first Payne scored from 20 out then Jason jinked past 3 then firing into the bottom corner.Shaq was looking the business and quickly hit a stunning brace to reduce the arrears to 6 4 before William's bullet header left a barnstorming finish resulting in Lenny's free kick going in.

Phil and Dave were seen in the car park crying that the lads had shipped 6:smile:

In my dreams:omg:

Northampton 6 Southend 6

Report by Mrs B..

The Blues were 6 down with 33 left on the clock when the 700 away fans began throwing urine at the Southend bench and screaming play 442.The blues manager Brown was forced to play Shaq and Jason up top with Jack just behind,Suddenly the cobblers were transfixed as first Payne scored from 20 out then Jason jinked past 3 then firing into the bottom corner.Shaq was looking the business and quickly hit a stunning brace to reduce the arrears to 6 4 before William's bullet header left a barnstorming finish resulting in Lenny's free kick going in.

Phil and Dave were seen in the car park crying that the lads had shipped 6:smile:

In my dreams:omg:

You obviously have some pretty weird dreams...............700 fans throwing urine???? Liquid of any origin would need to be squirted not thrown. Stay focussed mrsblue, go to the match and watch the real stuff.

You obviously have some pretty weird dreams...............700 fans throwing urine???? Liquid of any origin would need to be squirted not thrown. Stay focussed mrsblue, go to the match and watch the real stuff.

The urine was contained in balloons :smile:

Interesting to look at the side we put out in February last season.

[h=3]Southend United[/h]
  • 17 Bentley
  • 18 Leonard
  • 03 Coker
  • 04 Laird (Hurst - 72' )
  • 02 White
  • 05 Phillips Booked
  • 12 Atkinson
  • 08 Timlin Booked
  • 39 Barnard (Eastwood - 56' )
  • 10 Corr
  • 11 Straker (Williams - 86' )
[h=4]Substitutes[/h]
  • 01 Smith
  • 07 Eastwood
  • 14 Hurst
  • 21 Payne
  • 27 Banton
  • 28 Williams
  • 29 Gomis

There seems rather a lack of central defenders! Remember Phillips being used when he was past his sell by date. Wasn't there but listened to the commentary and reckon we wouldn't have lost it if Sokolik and Egan had already been in place. We went there, post Hull City (Cup) and hadn't won in six.....that was to be seven. :sad: Our loss helped the Cobblers move off the foot of the table.........let's hope that we're not as charitable on Saturday. Yet we are likely to go into the game with similar central-defensive problems, due to suspensions and injuries...........let's hope we can patch-up a bit better that last year and come away with a rather better result. Wonder whether Williams will get another 4 minutes at the end to excell? :winking:

Went last season. It was dire. One of the poorest perfomances I have witnessed. Going again this time. Hoping for something better in terms of perfomance and result. Funniest thing last season was the ref telling my brother to quit chatting to John White in the pre-match on-pitch line-up as he had a match to get started. What a miserable journey home that was on a cold February night. Please turn it on this time Blues.

Do Northampton not have the Leagues highest goal scorer or have I dreamt that ?

I understand from the Box Office this morning that we have only sold 400 tickets for this game.

Personally I'm buying mine on the day because the club won't post my ticket at this time of the year in case it doesn't arrive on time. Reasonable I suppose but I'm not travelling all the way to Southend just to pick my ticket up. The Box Office assures me that we can buy tickets on the day at the ground, so come on everyone lets get behind the team for another thrilling 1-0 away win.

Team selections and predictions please.

'Only sold 400' that's pretty good considering its not all ticket (yet!). Anything around the 500 mark will be a good turnout.

Well , assuming injuries/suspension cost us the services of Hurst,Worrell,Barnard,Deegan,Ivebeenfeldt,Thompson,Bolger

............................................BENTLEY........................................
LEONARD.............WHITE........................PROSSER.............COKER....
ATKINSON.......PAYNE.........CLIFFORD.......TIMLIN..........WESTON
........................................CORR...........................................

COULTHIRST,WILLIAMS,BRIDGE,SMITH,MATSUZAKA,

Do Northampton not have the Leagues highest goal scorer or have I dreamt that ?

Nope you are right Marc Richards on 12, and they have scored 10 more goals than us as well.

Just goes to show a prolific goal scorer isnt the only thing you need if the rest of the team loses every week.

Back