• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How on earth is that a sending off offence.

I thought the rule had changed that the attacking player had to literally be about to pull the trigger and shoot on goal when the foul was committed.

Jesus, that first goal. From the away end I thought the shot had more on it - he really should have been able to deal with that. Should have done better with the 3rd and 4th too. Very bad day at the office for the Ox.

Oh my, I would've fancied myself to handle the shot leading to their first goal better.

Their fourth goal was soft for me. The player had a lot of time to pick his spot but I feel it was close enough to Mark.

I didn't attend, but I'm so annoyed by today's result.

Terrible keeping, and the fact that we started with two RBs and still get murdered down the right is just awful.

Jesus Christ, how bad is that goalkeeping display?

Never a sending off but Mick's ref watch showed he loves a red card. Not much cohesion at the back for any of the goals and things not looking good...........again

May as well not had anyone in goal, Oxley has the ability of a pub team goalie!

What now? Ted returns?? , surely we cannot stick with this clown - Oxford must have seen this and will shoot on sight of goal if the Ox plays on Tuesday.

Red card was very harsh. First and fourth goal, extremely poor from Oxley, he looks the part physically but I'm beginning to think he has no natural shot stopping ability at all :sad:.

Yes the first goal was 100% rubbish keeping, the defence though...The last goal was the typical SUFC ball watching defence, look up and watch your man, there was no defence tracking the player at all, he was left to run, man down or not.....unmarked..

Red card was very harsh. First and fourth goal, extremely poor from Oxley, he looks the part physically but I'm beginning to think he has no natural shot stopping ability at all :sad:.

Look at the lack of defence tracking on the last goal, even with a man down it was a joke..was not just the keeper.

Look at the lack of defence tracking on the last goal, even with a man down it was a joke..was not just the keeper.

Agreed, but he could still have done better, I guess when you concede the keepers the easiest one to blame. Lack of effort again once the chips are down, I'll say it again, Brown Out!

Agreed, but he could still have done better, I guess when you concede the keepers the easiest one to blame. Lack of effort again once the chips are down, I'll say it again, Brown Out!

Yes spot on, it's the keeper and the defence, ball watching... our midfield looks naff, and so is our strike force...I can't say anyone is good, the players that left or were released are laughing, and Colchester may pass us....I can't see a lot good with the team or club lately, there is a lot of Rose Tinted on here, still rating players... it's not cool.

Yes spot on, it's the keeper and the defence, ball watching... our midfield looks naff, and so is our strike force...I can't say anyone is good, the players that left or were released are laughing, and Colchester may pass us....I can't see a lot good with the team or club lately, there is a lot of Rose Tinted on here, still rating players... it's not cool.

...I seem to recall people saying "We've a strong squad this season" "I'm really optimistic" and such.

May as well not had anyone in goal, Oxley has the ability of a pub team goalie!

What now? Ted returns?? , surely we cannot stick with this clown - Oxford must have seen this and will shoot on sight of goal if the Ox plays on Tuesday.

Ted Smith is just as poor, Oxley shouldn't be anywhere near League 1 but I'd say he's the slightly better of the two keepers we have (although hopefully Ted will develop into another Bentley).

Back