• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
I have long advocated taking on reserves/kids from London clubs, usually a decent standard, no danger of homesickness and it didn't do us any harm with the likes of Powell, Collymore etc. Therefore it irks me a tad when the cream of West Ham's yoof are disappearing to outposts such as Bradford and Walsall. I can only assume that since Big Sam left them PB has no relationship at all anymore ?

We didn't really take advantage when Big Sam was in charge either.

We didn't really take advantage when Big Sam was in charge either.

Indeed. I'd say that PB's so called contacts and relationships and much-vaunted reputation and standing in the game have amounted to next to nothing for us.

Indeed. I'd say that PB's so called contacts and relationships and much-vaunted reputation and standing in the game have amounted to next to nothing for us.

Shame really because they seem to have some very talented youngsters. Martin Samuelsen, Reece Burke & the local lad, Josh Cullen are prime examples.

No no no no no, we have had a lot of prem youngsters come in and do naff all. I would rather we looked at the best non league talents and sign them as SUFC players

I thought Hal Robson-Kanu did a job for us too. Scored a few goals and assists. Look at him now!

I agree that we should look to find permanent players as a priority over loan players but I'm sure any manager would. But at least with a loan you can send them back if they're pony!

Shame really because they seem to have some very talented youngsters. Martin Samuelsen, Reece Burke & the local lad, Josh Cullen are prime examples.

All three of those were superb for our League One rivals last season, Burke in particular.

In wouldn't mind seeing Samuelson come on loan. Looked very good elsewhere

I have long advocated taking on reserves/kids from London clubs, usually a decent standard, no danger of homesickness and it didn't do us any harm with the likes of Powell, Collymore etc. Therefore it irks me a tad when the cream of West Ham's yoof are disappearing to outposts such as Bradford and Walsall. I can only assume that since Big Sam left them PB has no relationship at all anymore ?

Have you ever heard Stanley talk?

Best London club to take on reserves from is Orient - Ricky Otto and Richard Cadette. Unfortunately the players from their first team aren't anywhere near as good: David Mooney, Jason Harris, Glenn Morris, Barry Silkman etc

Despite which we have achieved promotion and consolidated our position in League One.

A lot of youth team do come from London clubs although we tend to think of them as "ours" when they breakthrough.

Dan Bentley is rightly held up as a product of our youth team but was previously at Arsenal before they released him. Franck Moussa was (I believe) with the West Ham U18s prior to joining our youth team.

A lot of youth team do come from London clubs although we tend to think of them as "ours" when they breakthrough.

Dan Bentley is rightly held up as a product of our youth team but was previously at Arsenal before they released him. Franck Moussa was (I believe) with the West Ham U18s prior to joining our youth team.
Also Jack Payne was released by Spurs I believe.

Terry Westley who is head of their academy worked with PB at Derby. Probably why we got a player as good as Hendrie. Westley came to see Hendrie play and from what I gather both were happy with his time at SUFC.

Hopefully we can benefit in some way this season.

When Eliot Lee was injured just 20 minutes into his first training session with us, it meant we were liable for his full wage which was around £5,000 per week. He was out for three months so it should have been around £60,000. Luckily for us Big Sam decided to let us off. So at least something was gained from that connection.

Apparently Tilson had no contacts. He didn't do badly with loan players

Thought this thread was going to be about my street-dwelling pick pocketing gang of orphans and ne'er do wells.

Best London club to take on reserves from is Orient - Ricky Otto and Richard Cadette. Unfortunately the players from their first team aren't anywhere near as good: David Mooney, Jason Harris, Glenn Morris, Barry Silkman etc

Thought this thread was going to be about my street-dwelling pick pocketing gang of orphans and ne'er do wells.

It is............

Do you not have your derby with col u to concentrate on?

Also aren't some of your underperformers on like 5k+ per week?

All the best in league two

Back