• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coincidence or something more???

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
Both Presidents were shot in the head

Now it gets really weird.

Lincoln 's secretary was named Kennedy.
Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln .

Both were assassinated by Southerners.
Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839. Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.
Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.

Lincoln was shot at the theatre named 'Ford'.
Kennedy was shot in a car called ' Lincoln ' made by 'Ford'.

Lincoln was shot in a theatre and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse.
Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran and hid in a theatre.

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

And here's the kicker...

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe , Maryland
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

Last edited:
One major problem with this is that Oswald almost certainly didn't shoot Kennedy.

I watched a fairly recent documentary that did a 3d computer model based on the bullet wounds.

They traced the trajectory of the bullets back from the exit/entry points and all the trajectories originated from the same area of the book repository.......

Probably a load of bolleaux but it looked pretty convincing.

I watched a fairly recent documentary that did a 3d computer model based on the bullet wounds.

They traced the trajectory of the bullets back from the exit/entry points and all the trajectories originated from the same area of the book repository.......

I know Gerald Posner's scholarly 'Case Closed' referenced a similar computer model, and it was very convincing. My political inclinations make me want to accept the thesis of a lone Marxist nut, and Posner makes as good a case as any, but I just can't buy Specter's 'magic bullet' theory. It's become easier to say that now Specter's crossed the floor to become a Democrat.

I saw that. The computer model was created by Harvard University, and was very revealing.

I used to be firmly of the opinion that LHO was innocent, but after that i'm not 100% either way.

They also disproved the magic bullet theory, by showing that the bullet actually went in a straight line. The configuration of the car (that the back seats were higher and more central than the front seats) did for that one.

It was a very interesting programme.

I saw that. The computer model was created by Harvard University, and was very revealing.

I used to be firmly of the opinion that LHO was innocent, but after that i'm not 100% either way.

They also disproved the magic bullet theory, by showing that the bullet actually went in a straight line. The configuration of the car (that the back seats were higher and more central than the front seats) did for that one.

It was a very interesting programme.

Any idea what it was called? Will look for it in the murky world of torrents.

Any idea what it was called? Will look for it in the murky world of torrents.

Not a clue. It was a few years ago now. I think it was on the Discovery Channel...although I guess you could have worked that bit out for yourself. What other channel would show it?!

Back