• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
According to CP.

Hopefully it may put off any potential bidders from sniffing around. No consolation as he will be missed. Prosser will be the first replacement option there I think.

Hope Brown's happy. Never an excuse to play an injured player.

This is what I said the other day. I also said he's gone from being our best player, to a liability the last 3 games, and that Phil Brown is doing him and Atkinson no favours by playing them when injured. That's one of his downsides in that he should rest injured or knackered players more.

Really don't think having Prosser at LB is a good idea, I wonder if Harry Kyprianou is close to being good enough for the first team? If not I'd like to see someone coming in on loan. Having what are easily our two best full backs White and Coker injured really isn't good news when we're about to play Peterborough and Coventry.

We need to get someone in, unless Harry Kyprianou can step up. Not keen on Prosser filling in, he's not good enough IMO

Just go 3-5-2 all out attack, we got nothing to lose now, we are best attacking teams and we have the pick of three good centre backs:smile:

Don't forget with Ben that there is also this underlying diabetes issue which is controlled by a pump. He's also taken a few nasty knocks so could be any combination of these things.

Why, oh why did PB play an unchanged team 2 days after beating Col U ?? Surely Coker and Barrett needed a rest...

Just go 3-5-2 all out attack, we got nothing to lose now, we are best attacking teams and we have the pick of three good centre backs:smile:

To be honest I've suggested 352 a few times. I don't think Brown would go for it (mainly because for it to work you'd need Coker on the left). Something to think about though.

Anyone got Chris Barker's phone number? He would be cheap and fill in for a short while.

Why, oh why did PB play an unchanged team 2 days after beating Col U ?? Surely Coker and Barrett needed a rest...

To be fair you could list many examples of players that needed a rest, 33 year old Hunt who just came back from injury needed a rest too. Winning a Derby can drain so much energy from you. It's treated, rightly or wrongly, like a cup final and is a huge relieve when over. It is hard to get going again so soon. Win or lose, freshening up the team is always required. But putting so much strain and pressure on Coker was a needless act. What annoys me is that Brown categorically stated that, 'if Coker plays in the Col U game, he wont be able to make the Millwall game. He will play one or the other. Two games will be too much'. So when he played that Millwall game I was in utter shock to be honest but wasn't in shock to see how how bad Coker played in that match.

Oh well Peterborough will be fun on sat!

Anyone got Chris Barker's phone number? He would be cheap and fill in for a short while.

portrait-smiling-senior-using-landline-phone-closeup-man-looking-camera-30317494.jpg

Have you seen him play recently, the guy is down to walking pace, legs gone!
Enough in squad to cope, Prosser can replace Coker, Leonard is a defender occasionally.

I agree with the many sentiments. He along with a number of players should of been rested over the busy Christmas/New Year period. The squad should of been used and that would allowed players to rest and recover from injuries. I suggest this is common practice and most teams did this.
i am not saying that this lead directly to his injury, but certainly didn't help and probably contributed to it.

Perhaps he spent two hours locked in the changing room apologising for not resting Ben ? Isn't hindsight wonderful :unsure:

Back