• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who could blame Prosser for throwing a wobbler. He has been treated pretty shabbily by Brown. First off most of us recognise when the wider squad needs utilising and freshening up, especially at Xmas, this seemed to bypass the Phil brain, alongside his penchant for bizarre picks and substitutions. Prosser has come in on a number of occasions played well and then lost his place, or got injured dying for the cause, have we forgotten the bloodied head gear ??!!
Worrell and Timlin could not succeed in defence behind a 10 foot brick wall in my opinion. I pointed out before the Swindon game that the midfield looked very vulnerable defensively.
I have seen Prosser perform at his best at left back and have little doubt about his defensive qualities, indeed I would say they are better than Cokers. Lets not kick him when hes just got back after yet another period of being left out

I heard that Prosser threw his toys out of the pram after Saturday and didnt get on the coach, so not sure he will play either. Could be we play Michael Timlin left back as he did so a bit at Swindon. Its going to be a patched up side either way.

Probably fronted Brown on why the hell he didn't change to a 3-5-2 to combat their threats
Like everyone else could see needed to happen
Hence Browns tactics and Ego was questioned.
afor this lad to be involved in any controversy it must have bad and seriously f---ed off

Probably fronted Brown on why the hell he didn't change to a 3-5-2 to combat their threats
Like everyone else could see needed to happen
Hence Browns tactics and Ego was questioned.
afor this lad to be involved in any controversy it must have bad and seriously f---ed off

That's the last thing anyone I sat with would have done. Not just you but on other threads there has been some naive calls for 3 at the back, despite the fact that when we did it against Millwall all the same people slagged off Barrett when they scored a fourth. You don't go 3 at the back if you have just conceded 11 in three games.

That's the last thing anyone I sat with would have done. Not just you but on other threads there has been some naive calls for 3 at the back, despite the fact that when we did it against Millwall all the same people slagged off Barrett when they scored a fourth. You don't go 3 at the back if you have just conceded 11 in three games.
Good shout.
Sorry Slip of the fingers on the mobile.(walking the dog) I actually meant 4-5-1
Which is without doubt what should have happened. especially when you could see players flagging chasing down the ball after 25mins, on such a big pitch Like i have said on many occasions now about Saturday,with their tactical change, we just got over run and passed around in the middle of the park, which in turn left us to exposed at the back.

That's the kind of thinking I do not want to see. You go three at the back if that particular game demands it. You do not take into account previous games or we would only set up as to our last win. Football is fluid and the teams that have the most adaptability with tactics in their locker are the teams that will do well. An area we struggle greatly.

That's the kind of thinking I do not want to see. You go three at the back if that particular game demands it. You do not take into account previous games or we would only set up as to our last win. Football is fluid and the teams that have the most adaptability with tactics in their locker are the teams that will do well. An area we struggle greatly.

More anti PB dross form your good self. Its bad enough when you do go to a game but you weren't even at Swindon.

One thing I would never do is post on the zone about a game I never attended. Yet you and the usual suspects post away about tactics, subs and who should be dropped etc. Fine if you have seen your 2 minutes of highlights and you don't think it was a penalty etc but keep it to that... no more.

What 'fluid' system would be best to defend a throw next to your own corner flag in first half injury time. 3-5-1, 4-4-2, 4-5-1. or perhaps the Christmas tree.

Personally my choice is to defend like a professional, Talk to the players in front of you, mark your own player and clear the ball to. a) the half way line.. b) row Z. As of course anyone who has ever played or watched a game of Football would think.

More anti PB dross form your good self. Its bad enough when you do go to a game but you weren't even at Swindon.

One thing I would never do is post on the zone about a game I never attended. Yet you and the usual suspects post away about tactics, subs and who should be dropped etc. Fine if you have seen your 2 minutes of highlights and you don't think it was a penalty etc but keep it to that... no more.

What 'fluid' system would be best to defend a throw next to your own corner flag in first half injury time. 3-5-1, 4-4-2, 4-5-1. or perhaps the Christmas tree.

Personally my choice is to defend like a professional, Talk to the players in front of you, mark your own player and clear the ball to. a) the half way line.. b) row Z. As of course anyone who has ever played or watched a game of Football would think.

As per usual you resort to rubbishing peoples views such is the extent of your own ignorance. I did not refer to the swindon game in my comment but games in general. Anti-PB? The comment may include a swipe at his limitations but that is the same as any comment on a player. Your hero is not above reproach.

I have thought he has been having the sulks for a while now and that it was more than just not being in the starting line up. Is he either looking to get a move in this transfer window or aware that he is going to be released at the season's close?

Funny how things turn out, isn't it?

Northampton were apparently after Prosser - so he could have been playing for them for this season and been at the top of the table instead of hardly getting a look in this season for Southend United. :sad:

Prosser at left back for a game would be OK, but this could be 10 games - he'll get found out over that time period as he isn't a left back. The terraces will make no allowances for this, so it's not fair on him. Timlin could cover too, but I think we'll need him in midfield.

This. The left back faces the tricky right wingers of the opposition - not a position to be messed around with. :thumbsup:

As per usual you resort to rubbishing peoples views such is the extent of your own ignorance. I did not refer to the swindon game in my comment but games in general. Anti-PB? The comment may include a swipe at his limitations but that is the same as any comment on a player. Your hero is not above reproach.

You troll from thread to thread with your Anti- Brown rubbish if we have lost and vanish when we win. If you bothered to read or post at other times you'll see I will criticize PB, the team, and the club but it has to be constructive not the garbage you post about games you haven't even attended.

Have you ever posted on any thread without mentioning your obsession...PB....Come on there must be a story there somewhere. Your ex doesn't work down the Roslin by any chance.

Peterborough's right winger is one of their best players - Jon Taylor who was their standout player at Roots Hall in September.

Good point...he was outstanding at Roots Hall...in fact I remember feeling sorry for him, it was like he was playing on his own!

I'll be absolutely amazed if we don't have a loanee in for the weekend.

What pathetic thinking. So when we play far up North, with a couple of hundred fans, only they should be allowed to comment. If you listened to the game, like me on BBC Essex, you get the gist of the game and with the excellent Paul Clark describing things along with all the good commentators, you do know who's playing good, playing bad, how brilliant we were at the start, and how dreadful we were at the end, players caught out of position etc etc. Then I watched the Sky Highlights, and any other highlights as the night goes on, so I can certainly comment on the goals, and even use slow motion to help. Also, I could take into account the two games before v Millwall and Doncaster, to comment that Coker was still playing when injured, which has now been admitted by the club.
Hats off to all travelling fans, despite results or where we are in the League. Been there, done that, can't afford it now. But please don't say the rest of us shouldn't comment if not at the game.

What pathetic thinking. So when we play far up North, with a couple of hundred fans, only they should be allowed to comment. If you listened to the game, like me on BBC Essex, you get the gist of the game and with the excellent Paul Clark describing things along with all the good commentators, you do know who's playing good, playing bad, how brilliant we were at the start, and how dreadful we were at the end, players caught out of position etc etc. Then I watched the Sky Highlights, and any other highlights as the night goes on, so I can certainly comment on the goals, and even use slow motion to help. Also, I could take into account the two games before v Millwall and Doncaster, to comment that Coker was still playing when injured, which has now been admitted by the club.
Hats off to all travelling fans, despite results or where we are in the League. Been there, done that, can't afford it now. But please don't say the rest of us shouldn't comment if not at the game.

Now go back and read my post properly and thoroughly before you type.

Ps you were straight on the zone to slag Bentley after Saturday. That's the problem with you 'Donna Summers', some actually listen like I do when I can't go and others spout there standard pre-conceived opinions.

Again there has been several good posts by people who never went but they will say.... Clarky said... or it sounded like and then they wait to hear others views. They certainly don't start shouting about tactics

You troll from thread to thread with your Anti- Brown rubbish if we have lost and vanish when we win. If you bothered to read or post at other times you'll see I will criticize PB, the team, and the club but it has to be constructive not the garbage you post about games you haven't even attended.

Have you ever posted on any thread without mentioning your obsession...PB....Come on there must be a story there somewhere. Your ex doesn't work down the Roslin by any chance.

My word you are so full of faecal matter. It is you that needs to read with a balanced view. I have accepted and posted many areas where PB has changed things for the better this season and have not this term asked for his removal. It is not anti-PB to point out he still has a lot of areas to improve, particularly when his comments nearly always deflect any blame from him. Clearly you set yourself up as a footballing 'expert' with views so more important than my own. You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine.

Now go back and read my post properly and thoroughly before you type.

Ps you were straight on the zone to slag Bentley after Saturday. That's the problem with you 'Donna Summers', some actually listen like I do when I can't go and others spout there standard pre-conceived opinions.

Again there has been several good posts by people who never went but they will say.... Clarky said... or it sounded like and then they wait to hear others views. They certainly don't start shouting about tactics

I did read your post, and highlighted YOUR own words. The Bentley comment was made AFTER WATCHING the goal on Sky, that he pushed straight to an attacker, that was my opinion, others have blamed the defenders for not reacting, fair enough, their opinion. Donna Summers, Hhmm, before you start name calling, take a look at yourself. Your coming across as some sort of high and mighty on here.

Can we all just hit the "chill" button?

Good luck with the operation Coker - it will be good to have him back later in the season. :thumbsup:

Back