• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Very important 3 points to keep us up with the pack and a game in hand over most above us... UTB

th

I wasn't there but I can imagine everyone gets a 10!

Super well done to Phil and his staff and the players and the travelling blue army,brilliant result.

Just got back, but walked half way!

Bentley did everything that was required, AB and Thommo were superb at the back, AB was so up for it. At times we played too much up in the air, the midfield battled, little Jack Pyne was a handful, when we played ball to feet. The goals, Johnny White great strike and Moons deserved that for all the hard work and took it calmly.

The beer in my hand tastes good and I can wear my new shirt around town with pride!

Very important 3 points to keep us up with the pack and a game in hand over most above us... UTB

All's well that ends well! :smile: Very true, our recent form has kept us in the mix and but for those wins we may already be left with holding on to our mid-table status for the rest of the season. Proving really difficult to get into those play-off places. All we can do is to try and carry on winning, hoping that others will slip up.

Great win! Not the greatest performance, but getting the 3 points was what really mattered. I might get knocked for this, but I thought Moncur looked very good, far too good for them. Think he'd fit nicely into our side.

Great 3 points, have seen John whites strike and what a corker. Great support by the look of it...well done everyone involved today

Benefits of living near Braintree - already home by 530. Let's be a little bit honest here, the first half was decidedly shaky and we had to rely on Bentley with two very fine and brave saves and follow ups to keep us level. I thought we stood off them far too much in the first 30 minutes. Second half was much better in shape, pressing and movement and but for Mooney's needless offside the game would have been out of sight earlier. I'm not going to complain though because his composure for the second goal showed real quality. Spot on with all the subs as well today Brown. Stand out player for me was Thompson. Nothing clever just committed no-nonsense defending and our second goal epitomises what can happen when you are unnecessarily clever. Work rate in this squad is phenomenal and everything that was bad about the first half from the midfield was a complete reversal in the second.

Great little stadium by the way and full marks to their stewards as well with the sense to open the exits at half time to avoid crowding.

Great win! Not the greatest performance, but getting the 3 points was what really mattered. I might get knocked for this, but I thought Moncur looked very good, far too good for them. Think he'd fit nicely into our side.

Agree Moncur is a class act. Would defo want him in the team

It's moments like these that remind us why we had to get out of the FL2 swamp. Now we have done the business there I hope Col Ewe pick up points galore because otherwise moments like these will end at the end of the season. I almost feel a bit sorry for their supporters after that result. Well done you Blues and especially Mr Mooney. I have always had total faith that you would score again soon mate :liar:. And as for John White getting on the score sheet, it could only happen as a Christmas present to him and us all. I'm ecstatic.

Agree. Moncur was head and shoulders best player on pitch.
We dug in today when we were probably second best in terms of performance. Rode our luck, took our chances.
Happy days.

The support sounded absolutely brilliant on the radio, and the only time I could hear Col U were when they were complaining about a free kick. Well done to all you guys and girls for seeing the boys across the line when we were hanging on a bit.

I do work with a supplier of mine who is always giving me pelters about being above us, well it's now going to be a different story , and his phone is already off !!!

bragging rights , don't you love it when you get the upper hand!!!!

A really enjoyable day out. Payne continues to impress and Hunt is far to good for league one. Barrett is a legend and he kept us in the game when we wobilly in the first half and was instrumental in keeping the ball alive for the first goal. It may be another six years before we get back to the Community Stadium.

What a result! Not the best game to watch but that really didn't matter. First 10/15 they pegged us back and dominated, we looked shaky and nervous, but then grew into the game and got better and better as it went on. The goals came at great times and the second goal completely killed them off. Dan made some great stops in the last 10 to keep a clean sheet. Hard to criticise anyone at all, everyone played well and it never looked in doubt after we scored the first goal with a bit of luck. Second goal was shocking defending but great work by Hunt to set up Mooney who took it well.

Bentley 8 Some superb saves in the last few minutes and injury time and a brick wall when under pressure at the start of the game.
White 8 Didn't really let Herriott trouble him and showed his strength and intelligence to completely overcome what he lacked in pace in that battle.
Thompson 7.5 Started nervously, a few pointless long balls to no one, but grew into the game and made some great clearances later on.
Barrett 8 Nothing got past him, so passionate and wasn't going to let anything get in his way today.
Coker 7 Wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't fully fit, he did alright but not his usual self and seemed to be holding back a bit, can't blame him if he's nursing an injury.
Worrall 7 Got at them and threatened, particularly on the counter, worked well on both wings.
Atkinson 7 Worked incredibly hard, conceded a few needless fouls in the first half but did a good job keeping things tight in the middle.
Leonard 7.5 Dominated the middle of the park and swept up everything that came his way.
Payne 7.5 Manmarked heavily and struggled at first but soon found his way around it and really caused problems for them when he ran at them.
Hunt 7 Tough game for him today but he won a lot in the air and his involvement for the second goal was superb.
Mooney 7 Seemed to be determined to score and grew in confidence later on, well taken goal although I thought he'd blown it.

Subs
McLaughlin 7 Added an outlet on the break, good to see him back
Pigott 6.5 Held it up when possible
Rea - No time to make an impact

Great result and a good performance! ONE TEAM IN ESSEX!

Loved hearing "what's that coming over the hill, it's relegation, relegation" ring around the ground in injury time, great atmosphere and great behaviour by the vast majority.

A good result AND I agree with ORM in that we rode our luck for the first 30 minutes where we had no shape, flow or energy. If Col Ewe had a finisher they would have been a few goals to the good - our midfiled just didn't get started.
We came out early for 2nd half and after another shakey 5 minutes, slowly got ourselves into the game - mainly because Col Ewe lost their plan of doubling up on Jack and Hunt and allowed these two more time and they hurt them with proper ball to feet ball play.
JW's goal was very well taken and seemed in slo-mo as it took ages to go in and JW seemed as surprised as all the travelling hoards.
Mooney's got no excuse for being a yard offside for the disallowed goal; lino had his flag up before the ball arrived at Mooney - great "finish" but not excusable. However following Noel's determination and fight he got another chance quickly after and finished well.
Game over. Col Ewe huffed but their heads dropped.
many there will know we got a tad lucky BUT often you make your own luck and I give all the lads top credit for sticking it out, and proper graft.
Great Shrimper support.

Just got back and fortunately the internet connection reaches as far as the shed ! :winking:

Bentley 8. Made a few top class saves that kept us in the game
White 7. Usual solid display and was up against a very tricky winger.
Thompson 7.5 Solid again. Puts his body on the line like AB
Barrett 7.5 Reads the game soooo well. Knew what it meant to us, and battled for his life
Coker 7 Didn't get chance to venture too far forward, but was nice and tidy
Payne 8 Kept jinking past his marker onto his left peg and looked a real threat.
Leonard 7 Neat and tidy in the centre
Atkinson 7 Worked really hard and kept shutting them down
Worrall 7 Drifted in and out of the game, but looked a danger and gave us good shape
Mooney 8.5 (My MOTM). Worked well with Hunt. Linked between the midfield & Hunt and kept possession well in the final 3rd when we played to his feet. Took his goal well, with a very calm finish
Hunt 8 Great movement and good first touch. Looked shattered when he went off !

Subs : McLaughlin (for Hunt). Kept it simple 7
Pigott (for Payne). Worked hard in the last few minutes 7
Rea (for Mooney). Not on long..

Back