• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OK, I have asked Col Ewe to provide a podium at the front of the away end on Boxing Day. Just need someone to stand on it and lead the chants. Applications please with details as to why you think you will be the best for that role. I am looking for something like this:
[video=youtube;AOyAHooj4tQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOyAHooj4tQ[/video]

UTB:smile:

There are a few in TBV who love doing a bare chested turn; they don't seem to watch the footie but have their backs to the game for long periods so maybe them or the drummer?
Or get Bilel in for a special performance; I have heard him singing and he does belt them out across the changing rooms and does fire eating and knife throwing tricks too.
Alison Moyet? she has lapsed her season ticket so might not have got a seat for this show, a freebie might be the thing to tempt her back then get her out there.

There are a few in TBV who love doing a bare chested turn; they don't seem to watch the footie but have their backs to the game for long periods so maybe them or the drummer?
Or get Bilel in for a special performance; I have heard him singing and he does belt them out across the changing rooms and does fire eating and knife throwing tricks too.
Alison Moyet? she has lapsed her season ticket so might not have got a seat for this show, a freebie might be the thing to tempt her back then get her out there.

A bare-chested Alison Moyet? Moderators please delete this thought, it's too much for me.:blush:

In all seriousness, we may need a "focal point" for our vocal support if Col U stick to their guns and insist on allocated seating, otherwise we are going to have various chants going out from pockets of supporters spread throughout the stand, and nothing coordinated.

Would be great if we all stood up for the whole game as well. Most other clubs with large away followings (especially local derbies) stand all game and it definitely makes for a better atmosphere

Would be great if we all stood up for the whole game as well. Most other clubs with large away followings (especially local derbies) stand all game and it definitely makes for a better atmosphere

Not for my 4'11" mother in law in her 70s!
Great for you maybe, not for her, others or kids BUT as long as you are happy................:sad:

Not sure my parents in their late 70s, other elderly supporters or those of us who suffer with bad backs would go along with that. :nope:

Won't happen because the stewards crack down on that sort of thing, maybe the back couple of rows will get away with it but thats about all, as others have said, the needs of children, infirm and elderly will be the main consideration.

I'll do it...I suggest we start with the following (to the tune of The Addams Family)

Your sister is your mother
Your father is your brother
You all s**g one another
The Col U family
da da da da

What goes round comes round my twelve fingered friend.:winking:

Sadly yes, but I think we might not go down even though things look grim, a new manager might be just the tonic we need, there are some good players here we just need fresh ideas and one or two players with experience in defence.

sitting down at away games is rubbish. looks and sounds a lot better when we're all standing especially in a derby game

Back