• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
Just announced on BBC Essex. £14 per match - what a rip off to watch that rubbish :)

but is that £14 per match if you have a season ticket ? or on the day for a one off game ?

That's the very cheapest adult price for a season ticket buy (£322.00) in the South stand behind the goal, it is about 19.50 for the dearest seats on a season ticket (£450.00) in the West stand, obviously match day tickets will be a fair bit more money they are going to be announced later in the season.

£21 on the day or £19 beforehand. Still way overpriced for the rubbish we've been served up this season.

Football in general is heading for a major fall as regards ticket prices, fans are turning their backs in droves due to the way clubs treat their fans like cash cows, its all very sad considering football used to be a working mans sport.

Football in general is heading for a major fall as regards ticket prices, fans are turning their backs in droves due to the way clubs treat their fans like cash cows, its all very sad considering football used to be a working mans sport.

Agree with you there, Sky Sports have a lot to answer for!

Agree with you there, Sky Sports have a lot to answer for!

Exactly OBL, the ordinary fan with a family is being priced out of the game at all levels kids support a club because their parents take them there when they are young if this dies out so will a large part of the future fan base.

Exactly OBL, the ordinary fan with a family is being priced out of the game at all levels kids support a club because their parents take them there when they are young if this dies out so will a large part of the future fan base.

Obviously I dont want to buck the revolutionary trend comrade but I can take my two kids to a game for £23 for the 3 of us.

Pretty good value compared to the cinema etc...

Obviously I dont want to buck the revolutionary trend comrade but I can take my two kids to a game for £23 for the 3 of us.

Pretty good value compared to the cinema etc...

Power to the People!!! (Colchester popular front)

Yes that's not bad I suppose but £23 is a lot of money to find for some families, it often depends on the age of the kids very young ones get in quite cheaply but once they get over the age of about 8 prices start to increase and of course once they get hooked all the other costs kick in shirt, programme, food drink etc.

Ticket Prices:

Advance:
Matchday:
Adult:£19£21
Senior:£13£15
Young Person:£12£14
Students:£12£14
Junior:£9£10
Under 8:£4£5
Family Ticket:£19£21

NB:Students will be required to provide proof that they are in full-time education to qualify for the concessionary rate.
** Family Ticket consists of 1 adult and 1 child
*** Young Person tickets are inclusive of 17-20 year-olds

For info so everyone knows what the prices at Blues are.

Agree with most of the comments on here about the prices being high for League Two football.
However nobody under 21 need pay more than £12 for a game and kids can see a game for £4, or even for nothing if they go with a parent in the Family Stand.

I've had a ST for the last couple of years, I won't next year simply because it seems that all matches that are rearranged seem to be to days when I can't make it and I've missed too many to make it viable to have a ST, and that's likely to continue :'(
I will go back to paying £19 a game simply by buying in advance of the day.

A lot is made of £21 being too expensive but the only way you need to pay £21 is if you turn up on the day, I appreciate not everyone can get to the club to get tickets in advance but for anyone under 21 or lucky enough to have made it to retirement to be able to see a game for £13 or under is not a bad deal I would suggest.

Back