• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Col Ewes GK - Richard McKinney has trainned with .

Even he a goalie from a our hated rival up A12 - what you think of him? are he better than Flahaven?? what you think.

Another thing, Col Ewes won't give him a contract.

Is he Browns No 2,'cos I thought when Brown was injured a few weeks ago,he come in and sounded impressive on BBC Essex and the Col U boss was raving about his performance for a young keeper,thought he played a few games for them.

i woz fink dat coz he are coal ewes scums wee wont wont him at da mitey bloos is it lol lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 10 2004,14:03)]i woz fink dat coz he are coal ewes scums wee wont wont him at da mitey bloos is it lol lol
Not extracting the Michael by any chance are you?
biggrin.gif

The youngster Phil Parkinson was raving about was Dean Gerken, who came in for Brown a couple of weeks ago. And at 18/19, he's already a better player than McKinney. 'Nuff said.

As for Hollway - looked good, especially in the second game that he played for the reserves. So I wouldn't be unhappy to see him come in for Robinson as the second choice keeper - Hell I wouldn't mind seeing him come in for Flahavan as the first-choice!

biggrin.gif

If Simon Brown is in front of him in the pecking order then we definately do not want him!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 10 2004,14:45)]Rob, does that mean he is still with us or back at Highbury?
Well he was only on trial, so he'll be back at Highbury, but I'd imagine the situation is similar to what it is with Nicolau - third- or fourth-choice and it's just a matter of what the Gunners see as their future. With Nicolau, he's out of contract, but I'm not sure about Holloway. They must think something of him if he was on the bench for a Champions League game last year, but with Lehmann, Taylor, Stack and possibly another keeper coming in, he could be dispensible.

let's hope so, cos like I say my mate really rates him above Stack, Taylor and Shaaban.
I think you'll find he made the bench at that Champions League game due to suspensions / injuries Rob.
However, Michael Black also played in Europe for Arsenal, and look what's happened to him..........
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 10 2004,15:03)]...I think you'll find he made the bench at that Champions League game due to suspensions / injuries Rob.
However, Michael Black also played in Europe for Arsenal, and look what's happened to him..........
rock.gif
Oh yeah - I don't doubt it. But when you consider that we can't be bothered to put a sub keeper on the bench in the Third Division, neither could our promotion-chasing opposition, Sheffield United didn't bother in their Cup semi-final against Arsenal and Leeds didn't in the UEFA Cup the other year because they didn't think their respective youngsters were goiod enough, he must have had something about him to be put there, even if it was down to injuries and bans.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exiled Shrimper @ May 10 2004,14:43)]The youngster Phil Parkinson was raving about was Dean Gerken, who came in for Brown a couple of weeks ago. And at 18/19, he's already a better player than McKinney. 'Nuff said.

As for Hollway - looked good, especially in the second game that he played for the reserves. So I wouldn't be unhappy to see him come in for Robinson as the second choice keeper - Hell I wouldn't mind seeing him come in for Flahavan as the first-choice!  

biggrin.gif
Didn't Gerken play for one of our youth teams 2 or 3 seasons ago?. Why did we not sign him then?
rock.gif

Back