• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Col******r Away

Badger74

Manager
So how on earth should the tickets be given out considering there is 6500 season ticket holders.
Yes there could be a draw which is fine but alot of loyal away followers will miss out or do we have a voucher system where if you go to burnley on the tuesday night away followers get a voucher to get a ticket.
If they do go into a draw then all tickets need to be in it as i know last season certain people got tickets because they knew someone, this even includeds the supporters club just because i dont go on a coach does not mean i should miss out as i go to most away games
What your thoughts guys?

those who live in nearest to col ewe should get tickets

we'll have two then

sorted

smile.gif

Show them the tickert stubs from last season and people who have them get served 1st!

Dont like the idea of a draw as someone who does the other 45 games in a season could miss out to someone who does no away games but wants to go to Col.U as its just up the road.

Like the idea of given vouchers out at Burnley on the Tuesday night though as we also get a few extra punters there as well.

whichever way its done some people won't be happy. Why should someone who can't go to a tuesday night game due to work miss out?

I think it should go on height.

I'm 6ft 4"

I'll have a ticket please
cool.gif

here we go again.

Same sh!t different season.

We all know what the system is, Season ticket holders get preference and on this occasion im sure will go into a hat just like other occasions.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Sep. 05 2006,22:03)]We all know what the system is, Season ticket holders get preference and on this occasion im sure will go into a hat just like other occasions.
Which quite frankly is a crap system as has been pointed out to the club over the past year by numerous people, including the Trust (any takers for a repeat of the Orient Fiasco which led to quite a bit of trouble).

The hardcore away support (who have season tickets) should get first dibs to reward them for turning up at places like Bournemouth on a Tuesday night for example. Not fussed how it's done, as long as it's done properly (unlike last season). Vouchers, ticket stubs from past away games or the ticket office checking their records for who has regularly purchased away tickets are all possibilities.

I believe the Trust are discussing this issue with the club at the moment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ Sep. 05 2006,20:43)]whichever way its done some people won't be happy. Why should someone who can't go to a tuesday night game due to work miss out?

I think it should go on height.

I'm 6ft 4"

I'll have a ticket please
cool.gif
agree your method as a fair alternative to closest to col ewe though as also at 6 ft 4 in i'll use the closest tag to pip you in queue. maybe if they ban those with wide loads we could get more tickets.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Sep. 05 2006,22:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Sep. 05 2006,22:03)]We all know what the system is, Season ticket holders get preference and on this occasion im sure will go into a hat just like other occasions.
Which quite frankly is a crap system as has been pointed out to the club over the past year by numerous people, including the Trust (any takers for a repeat of the Orient Fiasco which led to quite a bit of trouble).

The hardcore away support (who have season tickets) should get first dibs to reward them for turning up at places like Bournemouth on a Tuesday night for example. Not fussed how it's done, as long as it's done properly (unlike last season). Vouchers, ticket stubs from past away games or the ticket office checking their records for who has regularly purchased away tickets are all possibilities.

I believe the Trust are discussing this issue with the club at the moment.
subjective to say its crap.

Its crap if you go to all away games and dont have a seaso, its not crap if you have a seaso and dont go to many away games.

You could argue that the person who forks out the £380 at the start of the season should have priority over the person that doesnt.

Now if your talking about the season ticket holder who also goes to alot of away games then i think they should have priority but then how do you determine how many away games makes you special?

It will all end in tears
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 05 2006,21:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper4life @ Sep. 05 2006,21:19)]Show them the tickert stubs from last season and people who have them get served 1st!
I think the unemployed SSTs should get special dispensation this season.

biggrin.gif
I agree, but I don't know for how long.

biggrin.gif

Failing that, I reckon that people with Shaun Goater in their SZ avatar shoudl get as many as they need.

Failing that, as long as they base it on support this season (seen every minute) and not support last season (frolicking in snow), I'll be happy enough!

The club said Season Ticket Holders would be given priority! They cannot change their policy now, no matter how fair or unfair it is. It's all well saying people that go away to Burnley on a Tuesday get priority but for most this is just not feasible because of this small thing called work!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 05 2006,22:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Eternal Optimist @ Sep. 05 2006,22:42)]I think we should decide on penis size!

Who's got a web cam and tape measure?

biggrin.gif
As I keep saying to Mrs ORM it's not size that's important.
laugh.gif

Can we go on # of SZ posts ?
Again, I agree

upside.gif

(that's one more....)

they should just give half there ground up to us as there sh*t!!

serious note tho, did we have half of the end, of the other end, at the league game, i know we always had it in the LDV game, but don't remmeber having it during the league game?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Keep The Faith @ Sep. 05 2006,23:44)]they should just give half there ground up to us as there sh*t!!

serious note tho, did we have half of the end, of the other end, at the league game, i know we always had it in the LDV game, but don't remmeber having it during the league game?
Last season in the league we had both standing sections behind the goal & 400 seats up the other end, total about 1,200 tickets.

This season we will get the standing sections again & 150 temp seats next to the Barside, about 950 tickets in total.

Regardless of peoples opinions the system currently in place will not change. Right or wrong, that's the reality of the situation and as such come match day there are going to be a lot of unhappy Shrimpers out there.

I certainly hope the club have put some thought into this and made preliminary arrangements for a big screen to be erected at Roots Hall........but then again, I won't hold by breath.

Well, the club have a database which they record every time you buy a ticket for any Southend game. It surely shouldn't be difficult to see who the most consistent away travellers are from this?

As a suggestion, offer the tickets to the most regular travellers, give them a period of time to purchase them, after that time a period for season ticket holders not included thus far, and if there are any still left over then general sale.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ Sep. 05 2006,21:18)]those who live in nearest to col ewe should get tickets

we'll have two then

sorted

smile.gif
I think I should get two - there MUST be some compensation for living here and having to travel to see a decent game each week!  
tounge.gif
No doubt I'll ring the ticket office and queue from number 56 again!!!!!

Back