• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Col u are more popular

Southend Elvis

First XI
I've just seen the scum have got a loanee from Man u , and when did K mcleod go there. If they can get them, what are we offering a tenner a week, and a company bicycle..

Ritchie Jones from Man United chose to go there. We desperately need some players on loan because we are not good enough at the moment. Money will be in the bank so we need to get our arses in gear before we get too far behind.

I'd sooner have a more experianced head in there alongside Maher, to be honest.

With no Ricketts and Man Utd money we should be able to get someone in - 2/3 players to be honest. There is only so many times that bad luck can be blamed for bad results.

We are just very bad at the moment
sad.gif
We need 2 or 3 players in.

10 games without a win in the league. All we get from Tilly it's hard, made some phone calls.

You had better sort it out soon, or the gap will be to big.

As I said a number of posts ago, I think Tilly has not the experience at this level. All the good work of the last 2 years will be lost. Most did not agree, live on in dreamland!

Our cup run will be soon forgotton.

The club is bigger than the man, sort it out Ron.
mad.gif

when he didnt make him self clear about the norwich job he lost my respect

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Shrimp @ Oct. 28 2006,17:05)]10 games without a win in the league. All we get from Tilly it's hard, made some phone calls.

As I said a number of posts ago, I think Tilly has not the experience at this level. All the good work of the last 2 years will be lost. Most did not agree, live on in dreamland!

mad.gif
Sort it out Ron?

Sack Tilly? Fcuk me, get a grip.

fck me but a centre back play him in midfield
fcuk me buy right back play him up front
desperate man

As a matter of interest, how many of your team have survived the rise from League 2? Eastwood is an obvious one and I know Flahavan was there as well.

We've only got one (Duguid) but that's because our promotions were 8 years apart. I'm just wondering, because I think Tilly might be a victim of his own success at the moment - 2 successive promotions and people are on his back because you're struggling.

You boo boys do my head in. What did you expect this season, promotion to the Prem?

If we finish in 19th on goal difference it's been a fantastic season . 14 games played, 32 left. Today we were unlucky by all accounts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tr0ublegum @ Oct. 28 2006,17:26)]As a matter of interest, how many of your team have survived the rise from League 2? Eastwood is an obvious one and I know Flahavan was there as well.

We've only got one (Duguid) but that's because our promotions were 8 years apart. I'm just wondering, because I think Tilly might be a victim of his own success at the moment - 2 successive promotions and people are on his back because you're struggling.
The spine of the side - Flavs, Barrett, Prior, Hunt, Gower, Guttridge, Maher and Eastwood.

Plus Bradbury and Sodje were playing in League Two two seasons ago too, but for other clubs.

if hull beat us on tues thats a new club record i didnt expect that did you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Shrimp @ Oct. 28 2006,17:05)]10 games without a win in the league. All we get from Tilly it's hard, made some phone calls.

mad.gif
Hmmmm, I can seem to phrase my reply to this post without resorting to petty insults....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Oct. 28 2006,17:30)]You boo boys do my head in. What did you expect this season, promotion to the Prem?

If we finish in 19th on goal difference it's been a fantastic season . 14 games played, 32 left. Today we were unlucky by all accounts.
MK - Well said mate well said.

To be honest commentas like "The club is bigger than the Man" are perthetic and not helpful.

If you want to be helpful get your arse down to Roots hall on Tuesday night and sing your heart out for the Bluse
mad.gif

[b said:

mad.gif
Sacking Tilly? Not sure about that one mate. Were you at Yeovil 2003? We lost 4-0 and were managerless and directionless. If we go down we should still not get rid of the best asset in the club. Have Crewe got rid of Grady? If he wants to stay we should try and keep him for as long as possible.

As said before we need change, but it's in the quality of the squad. At the moment we only have one goal threat. That needs to change. Harrold is one for the future and Hoops is too similar to Freddy. Another goal scorer is really needed and two midfielders - one to put pressure on Gutts and a wide man. We need goals.

We are punching above our weight - but that could be said about last season as well. We need our good championship quality players to produce the goods e.g. Gutts, Maher, Clarke, Francis, Freddy and Hammell for 90 minutes of each match. We are in the position we are in for a reason - the players are not putting in the performances and making too many basic mistakes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Shrimp @ Oct. 28 2006,18:05)]10 games without a win in the league. All we get from Tilly it's hard, made some phone calls.

mad.gif
Okay, so you're Ron and you sack Tilly... who do you appoint in Tilly's place (and make it a viable option)?

Seeing as you know what's best, maybe you can present us with a breakdown of exactly what Tilly has been doing in his capacity as manager (i.e. training, loanee negotiations, negotiating to buy players), how it has been done wrong and what you would do instead as you lead us to the Premiership promised land.

rock.gif

Back