• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Col U boys

OlvisIII

Coach
Although some comments have been made in other threads - I just wanted to comment on how well both players aquitted themselves today.

I thought Heath was the better of the two centre backs in the match - he kept a very good player quiet all match. White also put in in a very competent performance as well - trying to get forward and putting in some vital tackles at times.

What impressed me most was their obvious committment to the club - they put their bodies on the line for the cause and you can't ask for anymore. I watched Heath walk in the tunnel after the game and he was absolutely gutted we'd drawn the game. White was walking round the pitch at the time applauding all corners of the stadium with Barrett and Macca. An excellent gesture from the loanee.

I really hope this has put to bed any resentment over where they have been loaned from - they are most definitely blues even if it is for one month. They are of great value to the squad.

Might be just me reading too much into things, but with a 1 month loan, if that were just to be cover, would they both have played today?

I still reckon this is an extended trial prior to a signing (no, that's not Prior signing, sorry)

Judging by the col ewe result today, they werent missed at Carrow Rd - so i guess we have a chance of getting them on a perm basis.

Lets be honest we are not in a position to sign the full back that charges up and down the winger, wins everything in the air, positionally perfect and tackles like a demon so i thought White was a decent option.

Heath (as said aboved) went missing in the 2nd half, but we should remember this was his 1st game with Bazza - so he can only get better imo.

If we can get the pair of them for £100k, then i'd be happy with that.

I too thought they both did well, White reminded me a little of Charlie Mulgrew in lots of ways, but not with that devastating free kick touch. He did some pretty good stuff throughout the game, I think I saw only one mistake. Heath certainly had his hands full and also coped very well. I too was really pleased that White was one of only 3 players (Bazza and Macca) to walk round at the end - come on players, sort it out!

As neither player has really had much time to settle in the side .Both did very well White coped very well with his defencive dutys and Heath and Barrett will gel if given enough games . Both are free no money to change hands so It would be good for the squad to keep both after august .

Glad they did fairly well in their 1st game for you folks, these are both good lads who would do a fine job for you long term if you can sort something out with the players as regards wages etc. John White in particular is a very down to earth guy who plays a solid 100% game, it's no surprise to me that he applauded all sides of the ground after the match, he is always very appreciative of the fans support.

Glad they did fairly well in their 1st game for you folks, these are both good lads who would do a fine job for you long term if you can sort something out with the players as regards wages etc. John White in particular is a very down to earth guy who plays a solid 100% game, it's no surprise to me that he applauded all sides of the ground after the match, he is always very appreciative of the fans support.

Well I guess it makes a change for him to play in front of some...:support:

It's probably because he's got Southend blood in him !

How did your lot get on by the way ? - haven't heard the rest of the results yet :whistling:

Just scraped an away win, missed a few sitters apparently...........

I thought you might pop up on here today ! At least there's no sign of Spartan.

But I daresay Johnny S and Toelland will be on sooner or later.

Hope Norwich play theat goalie when we play them.

Yes I drop by most days to have a look at local opposition boards to see what is happening, its funny how topics from various boards get picked up by the other ones. They normally have a slightly different slant, yesterday according to some we were lucky playing a dodgy Norwich team, on our board of course we were brilliant!

There is an element of truth in both, Norwich were poor but we made them so, they could not cope with Lisbie and Platt plus our midfield dominated theirs.

Who was the c**k on here last week telling us that after yesterday's game we'd see that the two U's weren't worth having?

I thought they both played alright. White got caught out of position more than I was expecting but I guess that just shows that left-back isn't his position. If he's the long-term solution to that position then I guess that'll come with experience. I thought he stood up well when people were running at him and looked to go forward when he had the ball. Quite encouraging start.

I was surprised that Heath started, but to be fair to him he played well. Looked far better than the cumbersome oath that he was described to be on here. That said, it's hard to defend him too much after the manner of the two goals that we scored although it was difficult to see who was at fault from the South Upper.

Would prefer a left footed left back, maybe someone who can take a decent set piece also like Mulgrew/Hammell, as thought our corners and free kicks were poor today.

Would prefer a left footed left back, maybe someone who can take a decent set piece also like Mulgrew/Hammell, as thought our corners and free kicks were poor today.

But Franno can...I liked the fact we actually had a defender who stayed back at corners and stuff, rather than the midfielders who do usually. And I thought Golden boy Moussa took the corners or was he really not that "outstanding"?

Back