• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Col U Man U

Steve Giles

Fed up with rumours
I have seen the hatred between some fans . Me personally glad to see they didn’t get slaughtered by a strong Man U team, great for Luke Prosser to captain a team at Old Trafford. Yes will always want to be better than them, but will always support any lower leagues team against any premiership team. Well done Col U, my thoughts, how do other blues fans feel?

I have seen the hatred between some fans . Me personally glad to see they didn’t get slaughtered by a strong Man U team, great for Luke Prosser to captain a team at Old Trafford. Yes will always want to be better than them, but will always support any lower leagues team against any premiership team. Well done Col U, my thoughts, how do other blues fans feel?

Yeah, I was happy - and slightly envious - about their tie, know some Col U supporters and they're alright blokes. They will always be our closest rivals geographically, but I didn't really get some of the vicious stuff people were saying on Twitter about them. Guess I'm just more tolerant than some.

Not just you @OldBlueLady

If it had been on TV I'd have watched it. It doesn't matter which club it is, It's always great for a lower league club to have a big day out and having experienced them myself, you can relate to the excitement of travelling to somewhere for a big game.

I saw some good stuff on Twitter, mainly re-tweeted by BBC Essex, of people travelling to the match and arriving home in the early hours.

Having seen the highlights, they defended well and actually conceded when they were on the attack.

Very envious of Col Utd but not as much as Ron Martin who would have been looking at the cash generated
Now the adventure is over, they must look at league position , on the other hand Col Utd and Orient next season be worth the season ticket price

Life's too short, and friendly rivalry is one thing, some of the stuff on Twitter/FBook is plain embarrassing. Yes we beat Man U, but we were two divisions above Col Ewe, had a great team and we were at home.

Well done CUFC
Envious...yes....im still trying to get over when they beat that great Leeds team in the early 70s

Love this. Especially the great David Coleman on commentary. Back when the FA Cup mattered and these were genuine giant-killing acts! I'd forgotten this was actually a 5th Round tie. I've always imagined it as a 3rd Round match :-

Strange one, I'd have been amused by four of the five possible results; I'm including an absolute Col U tonking (funny), a Man U loss to such a minnow (funny), an embarrassing draw for Man U (still mildly amusing), or a tonking for Man U (you can't buy that sort of thing!). It was only the routine win for a Premier League side that was dull.

Love this. Especially the great David Coleman on commentary. Back when the FA Cup mattered and these were genuine giant-killing acts! I'd forgotten this was actually a 5th Round tie. I've always imagined it as a 3rd Round match :-

Cracking player Ray Crawford, old fashion centre forward

Just love the crowd. Packed house almost leaning over the advertising hoardings and willing the players on. Great stuff.

I checked what happened in the quarter-final and it didn't go to plan for Col U that day.

Interestingly and something I never realised until today. Between 1970 and 1974 there was a 3rd place play-off match in the FA Cup. In this particular season it was between Everton and Stoke City and was played at Selhurst Park for some bizarre reason, with a mere 5,031 in attendance.

Great video AndyT
That still gets me down.
The only other times i saw the Layer Rd end that full was when they played us.....and it was full of Southend fans.
I think on some of those clips,you saw "our" John Kurila,shirt sleeves rolled up,nowhere near the ball !! But im not sure.Nobbler would know

Back