• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Col U Man U

Cracking player CRAWFORD !!!was that a PUN !!
I thought that was also a third round tie.But it was a 5th round..wow

Love this. Especially the great David Coleman on commentary. Back when the FA Cup mattered and these were genuine giant-killing acts! I'd forgotten this was actually a 5th Round tie. I've always imagined it as a 3rd Round match :-

I was there with my Dad and younger brother, I was only 17!

Just love the crowd. Packed house almost leaning over the advertising hoardings and willing the players on. Great stuff.

I checked what happened in the quarter-final and it didn't go to plan for Col U that day.

Interestingly and something I never realised until today. Between 1970 and 1974 there was a 3rd place play-off match in the FA Cup. In this particular season it was between Everton and Stoke City and was played at Selhurst Park for some bizarre reason, with a mere 5,031 in attendance.

16000 there that day Andy it was chaos! Our record home attendance is just over 19000 that was a long time ago but it must have been packed to the rafters, it looked that way in pictures I have seen.

Whereabouts were you in the ground @Colchester and proud! ?

It looked like, with the first goal, that not everyone behind the goal was cheering, so I guess Leeds and Col U fans were literally standing side by side!

Whereabouts were you in the ground @Colchester and proud! ?

It looked like, with the first goal, that not everyone behind the goal was cheering, so I guess Leeds and Col U fans were literally standing side by side!

We were at the other end of the ground in the top tier Andy, all 5500 Colchester fans were together, but there may have been a few others scattered around or City fans hoping for a cup shock!

Sorry mate, I meant at the Col U v Leeds game?

We were down the open end as it was then, behind the goal where the first two goals were scored. Yes you are right there was little or no segregation and there were many Leeds fans on this terrace on the right hand side as you view the goal from the pitch. They were gutted and said although they thought we deserved to win the game, they would be crying all the way home:Hilarious:

We were down the open end as it was then, behind the goal where the first two goals were scored. Yes you are right there was little or no segregation and there were many Leeds fans on this terrace on the right hand side as you view the goal from the pitch. They were gutted and said although they thought we deserved to win the game, they would be crying all the way home:Hilarious:

Great stuff. That second goal where it hit the post and rolled along the line was classic old school. Fans willing the striker to get their first and toe it over the line!

great video...the good old days,LOVED seeing the "bogroll"in the air.
Today there would be problems if that happened also fans standing on things to get a better view...great video

Back