• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Personally can see these selling with ease.

As per usual I probably won't get a ticket. There aren't enough for them seasos

You'd probably only actually expect around a quarter of seasos to actually go. A lot are older folk who just don't go to away games, and others won't be able to make it due to family commitments.

In relation to parking - there is also the park and ride car park now - just the other side of the A12 where cars can park for £3 per person and is a 5-10 minute walk to the stadium .

There are 1,000 spaces and for event parking it's £3 per car, not £3 per person so no need to drop any passengers off at the service station just outside first !

- whilst our average home fans attendance this season has only be around 4k it will be significantly more for this with lots of men of a certain age coming to renew old friendships!

Really?. No Pubs nearby, ground away from the Town Centre, must be one of the safest grounds to visit in the country.
Must have seen us play there over 10 times since 1969, and never once considered the place as one where you had to look over your shoulder every now & then.
'Back in the day' when we used to walk from the Station to the ground & back again, never once felt threatened.

There are 1,000 spaces and for event parking it's £3 per car, not £3 per person so no need to drop any passengers off at the service station just outside first !

Glad you picked up on that because I was just about to!

Presumably you just turn up and park there, you don't need to book? Used a park & ride in Cambridge in the summer and it really benefited us booking and paying in advance rather than joining long queues at ticket machines on arrival!

I work with a sheep shagger and the park and ride is apparently very good!

Except that it's park and walk. It's about three quarters of a mile from car park to the away end. Will probably be a lot quicker to get out of this car park than the club one.

Not a STH, but as I live in walking distance (albeit a 20 min walk) from Weston Homes stadium it would be nice to actually be in the away end rather than use my CO post code to get in to home end and sit on my hands when we score! I'm hoping that no public transport will put enough off.

Pardon me being incredibly dim (note time of posting), but, what's my chances of getting 4 tickets for this game...bearing in mind ;
1; I'm an exile in darkest Hampshire
2; Not a STH ??

Pardon me being incredibly dim (note time of posting), but, what's my chances of getting 4 tickets for this game...bearing in mind ;
1; I'm an exile in darkest Hampshire
2; Not a STH ??

I seriously don't think we'll sell out...

It is £3.00 per person now (It was £3.00 per car) but that is for park and ride, the £3.00 per car is for football parking only now because of course you don't use the bus.

Glad you picked up on that because I was just about to!

Presumably you just turn up and park there, you don't need to book? Used a park & ride in Cambridge in the summer and it really benefited us booking and paying in advance rather than joining long queues at ticket machines on arrival!

YES OBL you just turn up and park, it is opposite the stadium on the other side of the road so straight onto the A12, bring your torch though because the walk is unlit in some areas! The area has changed a lot since Southend last played there with much more in the pipeline so give it a couple of years and it will no longer be isolated in the middle of some fields!

I hope you are right and if we do, perhaps we'll get 500 or so more, for certain they won't sell out!

The club were reporting 5000 tickets had already been bought for this game about 2 weeks ago so I suspect it will sell out and Southend won't get any more. I don't know if this included the 2000 allocated to Southend though, if so that could put a different slant on things!

Back