• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeah I would imagine we would sell the 2000 allocation, (i think we normally sell our initial given allocation for the Col Utd games) maybe we might get another 500 if were lucky, but I wouldnt imagine we would be given any more than that sadly.

Would be better if the link they provide on the website works

"We urge all supporters to update their details online via our new and already popular secure ticketing website to ensure they can (subject to availability) apply for tickets. This takes just a few moments and will help when purchasing tickets for future Blues games home & away – please click here."

They should give us more. Like everyone is saying it won't sell out and there is a real risk that Southend fans will just buy in the home end, I certainly will if I can't get a ticket and it will be easy enough having a CM postcode

It's only a lego ground. I'm sure they can pop down to the lego shop at Bluewater and obtain the additional bricks for another tier. :winking:

Even if we get 2,500 tickets I can see us selling them, as its Boxing Day I might treat the Mrs to this game, her first ever Southend game as well:smile:

They should give us more. Like everyone is saying it won't sell out and there is a real risk that Southend fans will just buy in the home end, I certainly will if I can't get a ticket and it will be easy enough having a CM postcode

I agree to an extent, it would be smart policing / Health & safety etc in terms of keeping us all in one group as apose to across 2 different sides.

But as Lagerbomb mentioned earlier, we could have a possible allocation of 2,900, but what with no trains running on that day to Colchester & that their stadium car park is already sold out. Added to that, some fans will be far and away over the christmas period, I fear it will put a few off (not too many though, as it's been a long 6 years since the battle of essex last took place).

I very much doubt that you'll be given above the 2000 allocation - and it will be (or at least very close to) a sell-out- Essex police will be reluctant to allow you more anyway and with segregation that would leave just over 6500 home tickets which probably won't be enough - whilst our average home fans attendance this season has only be around 4k it will be significantly more for this with lots of men of a certain age coming to renew old friendships!

In relation to parking - there is also the park and ride car park now - just the other side of the A12 where cars can park for £3 per person and is a 5-10 minute walk to the stadium it will be best option with train service non-existent on the day - not sure of exactly how many spaces there are about it's several hundred so may be worth checking out nearer the time to confirm it's open on the day.

if i remember right we didn't sell all the 1500 we had for Dagenham on Boxing Day last year so reckon there will be enough as many have other things on Boxing Day

I think 2,000 will be enough. Boxing Day is a nightmare for a lot of fans and no public transport.

if i remember right we didn't sell all the 1500 we had for Dagenham on Boxing Day last year so reckon there will be enough as many have other things on Boxing Day

Daggers was three years ago now I think, but I agree, the last 3 years, Daggers, Wimbledon and Cambridge we havent sold out. Colchester of course a bigger game, but as mentioned above with no trains etc, reckon 2000 will be the maximum we will take

Not quite the same, I wouldn't really consider Daggers big rivals. I think we'll sell the 2k no problems, every shrimper i've spoken to is really up for this one and many were hoping a season card holder would be able to supply them their 2nd ticket. That is out the window as it's one ticket per seaso. If any go on general sale they'll be snapped up I reckon

Have I read the OS announcement correctly? Are we able to obtain them online instead of having to queue or phone because I have business commitments on Tuesday morning and will not be able to attend or phone. Anyone able to confirm or enlighten me? Thanks.

Unless my last Christmas hangover took a new twist & to the very next level of carnage, Im quite sure I woke up in Cambridge after the boxing day game where Corr got the 2nd half winner.

However, I may be wrong,... but I still have this vague memory of educated (non tracksuit wearing) sober people riding on bicycles around large cotswold stone univeristies, whilst i was swinging my Southend Scarf around my head singing "Who are we.. Blue army".

Like I said , I might be wrong, but my gut instinct from my memories of Dagenham says "no" :smile:

Have I read the OS announcement correctly? Are we able to obtain them online instead of having to queue or phone because I have business commitments on Tuesday morning and will not be able to attend or phone. Anyone able to confirm or enlighten me? Thanks.

Yes you can get them online.

Unless my last Christmas hangover took a new twist & to the very next level of carnage, Im quite sure I woke up in Cambridge after the boxing day game where Corr got the 2nd half winner.

However, I may be wrong,... but I still have this vague memory of educated (non tracksuit wearing) sober people riding on bicycles around large cotswold stone univeristies, whilst i was swinging my Southend Scarf around my head singing "Who are we.. Blue army".

Like I said , I might be wrong, but my gut instinct from my memories of Dagenham says "no" :smile:

yes i am getting mixed up, we did struggle to sell out at Daggers last time which wasnt on boxing day, but we did play them a few years ago on boxing day!

It's a bit early to announce these, isn't it ? I wonder why ? Let me guess..........:blush:

Back