• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Firstly, festive greetings to all, even referees.

League matches at Colchester this century have been alternating wins ..... and it's our turn !

The man in charge will be Phil Gibbs from Birmingham. He is employed as Deputy Headteacher at Kings Heath Boys School, a secondary school in the Birmingham area which counts ex-Blue Theo Robinson amongst its alumni.

In his eighth season as a League referee, he has refereed Southend five times before. The last match was the 1-1 draw at home to Exeter last season, yellow to Binnom-Williams and one of theirs. Then the 1-0 defeat at Gillingham three seasons ago; a red for them and a couple of yellows for us (Timlin and Martin).

Prior to that it was the 1-1 draw at Port Vale towards the back end of the season 2010/11. One caution apiece (ours was Comminges). Then the 2-1 home defeat to Cheltenham earlier in the same season and the other was the home game in 2009/10 when we beat Hartlepool 3-2 (from 2-0 down at half time) and one of theirs was sent off. He did pretty well in that game. Just one yellow for us in each of those two games, Barker and Grant respectively.

Each of his last three seasons has been severely disrupted by injury. Last season he started late and finished early, this season he again started late in November. In his very late 40s, this might well be his last season.

His card count is usually a little below average and this season he has 17 yellows and one red from just 6 matches to his credit. Not the quickest around the pitch.

Assisting him will be fast rising, black official Akil Howson from Leicester and the youngest official in the entire Football League list, Josh Smith, the 22-year-old from Bourne in Lincolnshire. Truly dreadful non-league referee Michael George (I think I’ve got that the right way round) from North Walsham in Norfolk will be standing by on 4th official duties.

Last edited:
Firstly, festive greetings to all, even referees.

League matches at Colchester this century have been alternating wins ..... and it's our turn !

The man in charge will be Phil Gibbs from Birmingham. He is employed as Deputy Headteacher at Kings Heath Boys School, a secondary school in the Birmingham area which counts ex-Blue Theo Robinson amongst its alumni.

In his eighth season as a League referee, he has refereed Southend five times before. The last match was the 1-1 draw at home to Exeter last season, yellow to Binnom-Williams and one of theirs. Then the 1-0 defeat at Gillingham three seasons ago; a red for them and a couple of yellows for us (Timlin and Martin).

Prior to that it was the 1-1 draw at Port Vale towards the back end of the season 2010/11. One caution apiece (ours was Comminges). Then the 2-1 home defeat to Cheltenham earlier in the same season and the other was the home game in 2009/10 when we beat Hartlepool 3-2 (from 2-0 down at half time) and one of theirs was sent off. He did pretty well in that game. Just one yellow for us in each of those two games, Barker and Grant respectively.

Each of his last three seasons has been severely disrupted by injury. Last season he started late and finished early, this season he again started late in November. In his very late 40s, this might well be his last season.

His card count is usually a little below average and this season he has 17 yellows and one red from just 6 matches to his credit. Not the quickest around the pitch.

Assisting him will be fast rising, black official Akil Howson from Leicester and the youngest official in the entire Football League list, Josh Smith, the 22-year-old from Bourne in Lincolnshire. Truly dreadful non-league referee Michael George (I think I’ve got that the right way round) from North Walsham in Norfolk will be standing by on 4th official duties.

I wonder if when he puts his board up we'll be "praying for time"

I'll get my coat

Always check your 'Ref Watch' comments before each game good on ya Mick.
Please see my pm.

Brian has posted an interesting programme from the last Christmas Day match played at Roots Hall ...... against Millwall.

The last season of reverse fixtures on Christmas Day/Boxing Day and all four points to us !

The referee ? Mr Blues.

https://twitter.com/Badgershrimp

Thanks, Brian.

Back