• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kicked off 11 am - team: P Smith, White, Prosser, Thompson, Coker, Leonard, Clifford, Atkinson, Hurst, Weston, Barnard. HT 1 - 0 the Blues - Barnard penalty. 2nd half went 2 - 0 up - Atkinson. Colchester pulled one back but score finished 2 - 1 to the blues. Don't know what/if the half time subs were!!

PB made a number of changes with about 30 mins to go. Thomo came off, white moved to cb and a rightback sub came on. he also brought on a leftside midfielder/left winger called angelo? didn't catch other subs names

PB made a number of changes with about 30 mins to go. Thomo came off, white moved to cb and a rightback sub came on. he also brought on a leftside midfielder/left winger called angelo? didn't catch other subs names

Guess the winger would be Angelo Balanta, ex QPR. Think he was discussed on here yesterday

Not sure the point of a friendly and giving a trialist 30 mins.... odd. Hopefully just a fitness thing and he can have a proper look at Balanta from the start in the next friendly.

Starting XI though would be more or less who we kick off with in August at the moment?

Am i the only one who finds it crazy our pre season fixtures include 2 games in successive nights and then no games for several days .... for 3 weeks on the trot !!! Surely injuries must be more likely with this routine ?.

Call me old fashioned but why not get the players bodies used to roughly the tuesday/saturday idea we'll be using for the next 9 months ???

Is it just me or anyone else thinking that cause paul smith played it could mean that Dan Bentley is going to west ham or having a trial or whatever?

Is it just me or anyone else thinking that cause paul smith played it could mean that Dan Bentley is going to west ham or having a trial or whatever?

It's just you....everyone else is thinking Bentley played the whole game Saturday and pre-season is about getting the whole squad up to match fitness..... All the squad need game time pre-season

As for the two games in two days I understand that phil brown is taking what is called a development team to concord rangers .Or another words mostly reserves and trialist players I think that means. .

Not sure the point of a friendly and giving a trialist 30 mins.... odd. Hopefully just a fitness thing and he can have a proper look at Balanta from the start in the next friendly.

Yep and seeing as that could be as early as tomorrow, over on the Island, perhaps that was very deliberate.

Ex-Dagenham midfielder Dominic Green is on trial and played today according to Chris Phillips.

Some interesting comments from PB follwing today's game.

Ellis Brown, Jason Williams, Josh Banton, Jack Bridge & Payne will play at Concord tomorrow, so will the Danish defender. @SUFCRootsHall

Voir la traduction Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982 · 14 min

Brown: "Paul Smith did well & I wish 5,000 fans could’ve seen that because they've given him a bit of stick over the years. @SUFCRootsHall

Voir la traduction Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982 · 15 min

Brown: "I need cover at full-back, full stop. I’m not looking to replace John by any stretch of the imagination." @SUFCRootsHall

Voir la traduction Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982 · 16 min

Brown: "Dan Leadbitter is coming along nicely. He could be an option at right-back." @SUFCRootsHall

Voir la traduction Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982 · 17 min

Brown: "Ryan Leonard looked sharp in the first half but a little bit leggy in the second." @SUFCRootsHall

Voir la traduction Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982 · 17 min

Brown delighted with Adam Thompson's display: "We saw the best of him out there." @SUFCRootsHall

Voir la traduction Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982 · 18 min

Those asking about the strength of the Colchester line up. Phil Brown said it was their first team for the first 70 minutes. @SUFCRootsHall

Voir la traduction Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982 · 47 min

Ex Dagenham midfielder Dominic Green is on trial with Blues and played in today's friendly against Colchester. @SUFCRootsHall @Essex_Echo

Yep, if you were paying any attention whatsoever to SZ yesterday, you would have seen that Angelo Balanta is on trial with us. Ex-QPR winger

Yep, if you were paying any attention whatsoever to SZ yesterday, you would have seen that Angelo Balanta is on trial with us. Ex-QPR winger

Oh that's interesting. What position does he play? Would that be the same Angelo that came on against Colchester and played on the left? Agent Lomas with a scoop here me thinks. :dim:

Back