• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ooh, glad this has been revived. Donation made. Good luck mate, hope we see you on the pitch. :thumbsup:

He will also be live on BBC Essex radio for an interview during his run. The interview is scheduled for 08.55am for those that are awake that early.

For those going to the match on Saturday who might be unable to use online donations, there will be a collection tin on the Trust stand in the Shrimpers Bar before the match.

Donation made.

The total is now just over £8000 and for those who wish to contribute it can be made at:

gofundme.com/alfiesvision

For those going to the match on Saturday who might be unable to use online donations, there will be a collection tin on the Trust stand in the Shrimpers Bar before the match.

Dont quote me on this, but I was told the Spread Eagle is putting out a bucket for donations towards Alfies funds and SUFC have donated a signed Southend shirt to the highest bidder.

I was also told that the Blue Boar will be doing the same thing with a collection bucket and a signed Col Utd shirt for the away supporters.

If it turns out to be true, I would be so pleased that despite our "differences".. we can unite for the good of all, just to give Alfie a chance of an improvement in life.

And those that cant make it to a pre pub drink to contribute, thats all give him a warm roots hall roar in honour of his efforts he made for his son, and try to throw the money in the bucket as he passes by the stands, as apose to his head!

Last edited:
Dont quote me on this, but I was told the Spread Eagle is putting out a bucket for donations towards Alfies funds and SUFC have donated a signed Southend shirt to the highest bidder.

I was also told that the Blue Boar will be doing the same thing with a collection bucket and a signed Col Utd shirt for the away supporters.

If it turns out to be true, I would be so pleased that despite our "differences".. we can unite for the good of all, just to give Alfie a chance of an improvement in life.

And those that cant make it to a pre pub drink to contribute, thats all give him a warm roots hall roar in honour of his efforts he made for his son, and try to throw the money in the bucket as he passes by the stands, as apose to his head!

My sentiments entirely, but come 3 o'clock, let the rivalry and the mocking begin in earnest.

Yes of course!... Thats be honest, it would be just plain wrong if we didnt!!

I believe this for the Spread and the Blue Boar have been organised by a Southend supporter. Collection buckets are obviously down to individual venues, but we do have the club's authority for a collection bucket in the Shrimpers.

I believe this for the Spread and the Blue Boar have been organised by a Southend supporter. Collection buckets are obviously down to individual venues, but we do have the club's authority for a collection bucket in the Shrimpers.
You do make me laugh with the **** you spout. As if anyone needed to bloody ask permission if they can collect for a worthy cause.

You do make me laugh with the **** you spout. As if anyone needed to bloody ask permission if they can collect for a worthy cause.

I'm not looking to get a slagging TB, but legally you are required to have the relevant permission to collect for charity. Primarily because there have been numerous cases of fraudsters jumping on the band waggon of charity collections and then along come the boys in blue and arrest them. I agree that nothing like that is likely to happen on Saturday, but society today requires approval for just about everything.

My sentiments entirely, but come 3 o'clock, let the rivalry and the mocking begin in earnest.

Yes this is true there is a raffle in each pub all proceeds to the fund. From the link I posted further up the thread. "To help contribute funds to Tom and Alfie's cause, two pubs in Southend have joined forces with the two clubs' supporters.

Away pub The Blue Boar will be auctioning off a signed U's ball and a signed U's shirt to visiting fans, whilst The Spread Eagle, a regular haunt for Southend fans before a game, will be auctioning off a signed Southend shirt.

Both clubs wish Tom all the best on his big run this weekend and we look forward to seeing him at the game on Saturday."

Last edited:

To be fair to OBL, you do need permission to collect for charity, be it in a pub or any other private venue.

Can I just ask the senior supporters who hang around with the younger elements, if any boo or make a comment against the guy ,as he comes around the pitch, perhaps a swift word in their shell like or a clip around the head without police or stewards watching.

We have a great support, but like most clubs have a small minority who wish to go against the grain

For this instance football rivals can be forgotten and then renewed when the whistle goes at 3 pm

Good luck on the run, donation made and hope all goes well for you and the family in the future

I've spoken to Tommy several times recently. He, and his family, are completely overwhelmed by the help and support shown by both sets of supporters. Good work everybody.

I just wanted to say from the whole family just how overwhelmed we are with the genuine love and support we have been given from you Southend fans, it has totally blown me away and though being a col u fan for over 30 years i am finding it hard to comprehend that the club will always hold a special place in my heart.... cant believe i just said that........ seriously!
And as far as the heckling goes, I am totally expecting it as i know how "the few" can be but it'll be met with a smile back so don't worry! Again thank you all so much and i'll hope to see you all when i do my lap around the pitch at 2:45! And may the best team win!! :smile:

Back