• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
Now Wembley aside , it's been a pretty dire year for us in terms of results and football played ( especially at home ).
Final game this Saturday and nothing to play for ( for either side ).
The only slight ray of Sunshine is the possibility of Col U being relegated and the resurrection of the Essex derby once again.

Scunthorpe MUST beat Swindon and
Col U MUST lose to Carlisle

Even then , two 1 goal margins will not be enough.

I don't see it happening myself as Swindon still have something to play for in terms of play off finishing positions , but you never know , and it would make a nice end to our season.

What do others think ?

I really don't give two hoots about Col Ewe. If they come down great - 6 points next season. If they don't fair play to them. We will overtake them next season.

Col Ewe fan at work is really worried. Carlisle's a long trip and they never seem to get much there, and Scunny looked down and out but then beat MK Dons.

DoDtS

Still unlikely as I dont see Scunthorpe beating Swindon, but I thought they were safe and to still have a chance of going down its going to be a nail biter for them.

Hope they do go down as it will make next season more interesting for us.

Swindon have very little to play for other than a home or away game in the first leg of the play-off. They may take the route of resting key players for the bigger game to come, in which case 3 points for Scunny. However, I can see Col Ewe sweating a point in Cumbria.

Don't care, think I'd prefer Scunny to come down as it'll be another ground done

and yet another northern team? With the exception of Daggers and Barnet (who could both still go!)

Every away game is going to be an overnight stay which has massive costs involved. Every year, this league gets more and more northern.

Don't give a monkeys.
Try as I might, I just can't hate Col Ewe the way I hate Wet Spam.

Personally I don't wish any ill on Col Ewe, but the thought of another season in league two doesn't really appeal. If they were to come down at least there'd be two games I'd get excited about.

That said, I can't really see it happening.

Cole u's attendances will be even worse next year if they come down. They get about 3,000 on average in a 20,000 stadium in league 1. I genuinely think it will be around 2,000 next year if they are relegated.

Cole u's attendances will be even worse next year if they come down. They get about 3,000 on average in a 20,000 stadium in league 1. I genuinely think it will be around 2,000 next year if they are relegated.

Their capacity is actually just over 10,000. Has to be one of the worst new build grounds in the last 20 years of the football league.

:hilarious: 20,000?!

It's actually smaller than Roots Hall! What a terrible new ground.

I would be delighted if the went down! Gives us a couple of games to be excited about next season!

My signature say it all, I hate Col Ewe and I will be cheering on Carlisle and Scunthrope to do the business for us.

I think their stadium is decent, its the right size for them.

Would prefer not to have 4 standalone stands but at least they have a modern stadium and its actually been built.

I was very confident a few weeks ago but now I am not so sure about us staying up, I can see Scunny turning over Swindon and we rarely get a decent result up at Carlisle. I see Scunthorpe are doing their best to get the atmosphere right by making all adult tickets just £5 for this Saturday so it just depends if their guys react well to a big crowd or bottle it. I think we may go up there and try to close the game down for a 0-0 which would keep us up but on the other hand it is difficult to defend for 90 minutes and the game plan goes out the window if you concede, so who knows! I can understand you boys wanting us to come down to league 2 it would liven up the fixture list a bit for you and renew old rivalries for both teams. Not sure what the attendances would be like in league 2 it would probably depend on how well we did, a decent season would probably see higher gates than this season but there again seeing the crazy idea they have come up for match day pricing next year it could put a lot more people off going........

I think Scunthorpe have got win by 3 clear goals I think

Not quite, there has to be a 3 goal swing.

If Scunthorpe win by 1 and Col U lose by 2 Scunthorpe should stay up as have better goal scored. However Col U could lose by 2 and stay up if they scored a few themselves.

Back