• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
Incredible story - do we want these inbred's contaminating our place ?

Colchester to play at Ipswich or Southend

_41372474_colchester_203.gif

Colchester United will need to play most of their home matches at either Ipswich Town's Portman Road or Southend United's Roots Hall grounds for most of this season.
The U's new Cuckoo Farm stadium,was due to be completed by mid-July, but is behind schedule and will not even be able to hold a couple of safety events let alone host any home games.
The situation has been further complicated by the discovery of radio-active material embedded under the main home supporters stand, discovered during routine health and safety checks on Friday.
BBC Essex understands one option is to play at Ipswich's ground, but an Ipswich spokesman said that although the club did not mind helping out for one or two matches ' we wouldn't want them here all season . It's a bit like having your in-laws coming to stay and we wouldn't want them making themselves too comfortable in a proper stadium '.
One other option they are looking into is switching matches to Southend United's ground, while further tests at the Cuckoo farm site are carried out . This could become a little complicated however as Southend are already in ground-sharing talks with Kent neighbours,Gillingham.
A Colchester spokesman refused to speculate on the mysterious provenance of the radio-active material but did remark that a number of Southend United supporters were involved in the early stages of the construction project.

Incredible story - do we want these inbred's contaminating our place ?

Colchester to play at Ipswich or Southend

_41372474_colchester_203.gif

Colchester United will need to play most of their home matches at either Ipswich Town's Portman Road or Southend United's Roots Hall grounds for most of this season.
The U's new Cuckoo Farm stadium,was due to be completed by mid-July, but is behind schedule and will not even be able to hold a couple of safety events let alone host any home games.
The situation has been further complicated by the discovery of radio-active material embedded under the main home supporters stand, discovered during routine health and safety checks on Friday.
BBC Essex understands one option is to play at Ipswich's ground, but an Ipswich spokesman said that although the club did not mind helping out for one or two matches ' we wouldn't want them here all season . It's a bit like having your in-laws coming to stay and we wouldn't want them making themselves too comfortable in a proper stadium '.
One other option they are looking into is switching matches to Southend United's ground, while further tests at the Cuckoo farm site are carried out . This could become a little complicated however as Southend are already in ground-sharing talks with Kent neighbours,Gillingham.
A Colchester spokesman refused to speculate on the mysterious provenance of the radio-active material but did remark that a number of Southend United supporters were involved in the early stages of the construction project.

(not for one moment taking this as a serious story, but....)

Surely they'll play at Ipswich, I'm sure most there fanbase know the way already.

Very good CC51DAS, have some green for that, just been on their website to make sure it was true! :D

Bet Sherif H and Bob the builder will be a bit worried thou. :)

Just had a look at their site.

Here's the headline....

Meet the new young lads
the first year youth boys introduce themselves

closely followed by a picture of a gaggle of boys, so camp they'd beat a row of pink tents!

yes, I know, it's wrong, it's non PC, but look.. Am I wrong? well, am I?

NO NO NO and more NO i dont want them to share our ground ever even if this was a joke

Last edited:
So hands up all those that checked out the inbreds' site to see if there was even a grain of truth. :doh:

Excellent story; would've loved it to have been true; just so that we could have suggested that they groundshare with Heybridge Swifts instead.

You should all know better! This story is absolute bolleaux. The stadium was due to complete on Friday....I should know, I was there till late, but we had to give the contractor the weekend to finish certain key areas, prior to trying again on Monday. Even if Col U had to groundshare, it would likely be at Portman Road anyway.

They'd only need to stand-share at Portman Road.

what would be more fun, would be to share at the same time as Ipswich are playing there, and have two games running at the same time, horizontally across each half of the pitch...I'd probably pay to see that shambles!

Damn I was looking forward to going to some Colu home games at Roots Hall and doubling their attendance.

Looks like the Radio-Activity may also have affected there messageboard and knocked it out, and they have had to start up a temporary one! :)

Link from the OS has gone down, and the messageboard no longer exists.
http://www.cu-fc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/

Link to temporary board.
http://forum.cu-fcchat.com/index.php

Not a temporary board, more a new permanent one :D We were getting terrible problems with spam bots etc, so had to start again. We now have a strict admission policy, so be sure to wear your best shoes if you want to get in :D

As for the original story, well! :D

Not a temporary board, more a new permanent one :D We were getting terrible problems with spam bots etc, so had to start again. We now have a strict admission policy, so be sure to wear your best shoes if you want to get in :D

As for the original story, well! :D

I noticed that it was impossible for any username suggesting that someone supported a rival club to get approved to post last season. In fact, aside from a couple of our fans who've been there for ages there seems to be a complete absence of new rival fans being allowed to post. It couldn't be that your willingness to take it as well as give it on here is a myth, could it? Looks like spineless hypocrisy to me - who'd have expected that from your lot? :D

Last edited:
Reagrdless of the source of this thread, if there are going to be any problems then why did they start taking down Layer Road in the first place?!

I noticed that it was impossible for any username suggesting that someone supported a rival club to get approved to post last season. In fact, aside from a couple of our fans who've been there for ages there seems to be a complete absence of new rival fans being allowed to post. It couldn't be that your willingness to take it as well as give it on here is a myth, could it? Looks like spineless hypocrisy to me - who'd have expected that from your lot? :D

As one of two or three admins who were able to approve memberships, I would say that was more than a little untrue to be honest.

There were a host of visiting fans from clubs such as Hull, Plymouth, Southend, etc that posted on the board although others did tend to get lost in the hundreds of spambots that were registering on the board as well.

The new board's registration process prevents spambots registering hopefully, so it should make it easier to spot and approve visiting fans.

Mind you, I would like to think that rather than "giving it" on here, I have tried to offer up balanced opinion or an insight (and perhaps a little banter!) from the other side of the county...

Last edited:
i was hoping the story would be true but they couldnt ground share - this would mean lots of col u fans getting ill and radioactive :)

Anglia News Update

Just saw on the Anglia news tonight that DEFRA officials are due to attend the Community Stadium ( Cuckoo Farm to you and me ) tomorrow to conduct tests . The reference was to toxic waste rather than radio-active material so I guess that is progress. Apparently the toxins are seeping up through the playing surface mainly near the goalmouth in front of the section designated for the home supporters .Historically, Cuckoo Farm was apparently in part a landfill site and home to sileage and other wonderful countryside deposits.

I used to live on a new housing development that was built on reclaimed land and before they could build a membrane had to be laid to prevent toxic gases etc from escaping . Unfortunately this was not done correctly and large areas had to be excavated and 're-sealed' . There is a history of similar problems occuring on new build projects in the Colchester area .

Sherif H , I don't want you to lose any sleep about this but I would suggest that you spend a bit longer in the shower when you get home from work tomorrow , if only to scrub that Col Ewe filth out of your system .

I'm off on holidays in the morning but I shall be interested to see what the final conclusions are when I get back

As one of two or three admins who were able to approve memberships, I would say that was more than a little untrue to be honest.

There were a host of visiting fans from clubs such as Hull, Plymouth, Southend, etc that posted on the board although others did tend to get lost in the hundreds of spambots that were registering on the board as well.

The new board's registration process prevents spambots registering hopefully, so it should make it easier to spot and approve visiting fans.

Mind you, I would like to think that rather than "giving it" on here, I have tried to offer up balanced opinion or an insight (and perhaps a little banter!) from the other side of the county...

Clubs such as Hull and Plymouth I'm sure are welcome - it must be nice to be kept up to date with how your fan favourites are getting on. I just noticed a curious lack of new fans of Ipswich, Southend, Leeds, etc. Basically fans of the clubs that yours goaded the most energetically in recent times. There were certainly no shortage of yours turning up to put the boot in when we were struggling, were there?

By the way, the username I tried to register wasn't this one (which has been a misnomer for some time) - I knew I wouldn't be approved. It was just a fairly generic alias for a Southend fan which was never activated, apparently by any one of three people who could have done so.

I actually have very little desire to interact with your fans. It was more an experiment to fill an idle moment than anything, and I found what I expected. Sorry, but I can only call it as I see it.

Changing the subject a bit, with the benefit of hindsight do you still feel that claims that you were ready for long term Championship status and should be considered the new Crewe Alexandra, i.e. the example to be followed by smaller clubs were justifed? Would you perhaps agree instead that such claims were somewhat hubristic and that it's not unreasonable for others now to be laughing at your expense?

Last edited:
Back