• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Colchester United 2-0 Southend United

WTF was that all about
Absolutely pathetic- why were we so crap?
Where was the fight, where were was the closing down , where was the belief.

If brown couldn’t get that into them then he has failed.
He was brought in to keep us up, if he didn’t think he could do it he shouldn’t have taken the job. If he thought he could achieve it he was very wrong

I didn’t expect us to stay up- but I did expect to see some fight.
We lost with zero fight and we DESERVED to loose. - that’s hard to take

You can't really plan for Oxley's error - not sure MM could have stopped that.

At the end of the day, we were going down with MM as draws were not enough. MM made us hard to beat but also did not secure a striker in Jan which made staying up an almost impossibility. MM had some challenges but he was given a lot more time than other managers in similar situations.

You do plan for Oxley‘s error - he has made that error countless times since he has been here. So you get rid and get some one who can hold the ball.

Fcuk you to all of you (players) nothing for me to say, I am done, as for the team, Zero out of 10, for everyone and the bench too!! Time for an clear out and start all over again!!

For those who didn’t understand what MM was doing with those players I hope tonight shows just what a difference he had/was making.

Under MM we do not concede to this mob, or leave Olayinka on the bench. We go down to ten and bring on a CB.

Ron Martin, you’ve killed this club.

....Apart from the time he conceded 6 to this mob?? (Yes I know we played kids in that game, but so did Colchester)

The weirdest thing about tonight, is that it now apparently PBs fault all of this.

After a whole year of it being Rons fault when MM was in charge.

No idea what MM had on some of you, but facts don't lie. Worst ever winless run at this club (17 games) and third worst win ratio (17.6%).

"bUt iF Mm wAs sTiLl HeRe.." we would still be gone, he is partly responsible for where we are/

Lets be honest here - this outcome is just the catalyst for the past three seasons.

I think deep down we all knew what was coming but, after the gutsy performance on Saturday we thought there was a slim chance and hope,
Well the players dashed those hopes within the first 15 mins tonight.
I have never seen such a poor SUFC team but above everything else I have never seen such a side lack passion, heart, drive or creativity put on a Southend shirt.

Check the stats for the last few games - says it all.

Sad night indeed for SUFC

Oxley is out of contract this summer, that is one good news.
Don't get the hype around him to be honest with you. Good shot stopper but cannot command his box and spills the ball like he did tonight.

Since Teddy Smith left, he has had no real competition and as such you see his level of performances in the last couple years.

Didn't watch. Didn't listen so I can't really comment. Got the updates when the goals went in. Don't know the line up but we need a mass clear out.

We need next year's manager in place asap. Get the targets identified and get them in. A decent preseason and we go again.

I suppose saving grace about Covid is we haven't had to watch the majority of the matches live. Would the crowd have helped, we'll never know. Sorely missed a striker and other squad members chipping in with goals all across the pitch.

I'll have a longer think about our demise.
But based on this game, the thin veneer of quality we've had on rare occasions was completely stripped away.

We didn't pass, tackle, jump, shoot or anything, that's anything, to win a match.

My special ire is directed at RHF with hands on his hips at the second-half restart, and Ferguson making sure he stayed out of trouble.

And yes, Ron's ability to run a football club is as thin as the quality on the pitch.
Never thought in 59 years I would see this.

Somehow I allowed myself to believe the players who represent all of us in terms of the club we all love and will still follow ..would despite a obvious lack of quality would fight , scrap show a pride in the club they represent...more fool me !!! Over 40 years of watching sufc and now despite living in Brighton..I was when allowed still like we all do spending hard earned money to follow the club we love .
Somehow in the most important game in living memory ..a total spineless and **** performance
..I hope we cull the whole lot ..Hart at least tried ..Holmes adequate ..the rest totally ****in horrific

For those who didn’t understand what MM was doing with those players I hope tonight shows just what a difference he had/was making.

Under MM we do not concede to this mob, or leave Olayinka on the bench. We go down to ten and bring on a CB.

Ron Martin, you’ve killed this club.
Other than the 6 in the cup..

I know the damage was already done at HT. But JD brought nothing to the fist half. He should have come off at HT. The substitutions made no sense. As for the sending off it just about sums up JD his attitude at the club. He puts his personal grievances ahead the badge on his shirt. Let's hope it's the last match in a Southend shirt.

....Apart from the time he conceded 6 to this mob?? (Yes I know we played kids in that game, but so did Colchester)

The weirdest thing about tonight, is that it now apparently PBs fault all of this.

After a whole year of it being Rons fault when MM was in charge.

No idea what MM had on some of you, but facts don't lie. Worst ever winless run at this club (17 games) and third worst win ratio (17.6%).

"bUt iF Mm wAs sTiLl HeRe.." we would still be gone, he is partly responsible for where we are/
But he is a very very nice man.

Back