• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Colchester United 2-0 Southend United

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Zero fight, zero passion, zero ****s given and we can’t just blame that performance on Ron.

P45’s for the lot of them, dreadful display!

You know what to do and please try and keep it clean/friendly. I know it’s hard and emotions are high but we are all in the same boat and all as gutted as each other. Aim your anger and frustration at Ron and the players not each other.

Zero fight, zero passion, zero ****s given and we can’t just blame that performance on Ron.

P45’s for the lot of them, dreadful display!

You know what to do and please try and keep it clean/friendly. I know it’s hard and emotions are high but we are all in the same boat and all as gutted as each other. Aim your anger and frustration at Ron and the players not each other.

Good point ! Let's not fall out with each other. We're all frustrated, but I think we need to pull together to save the club we love.

Gutless.

Bragging rights to Colchester.

Relegated to non-league.

Martin staying.

:Frustrated:

Copy paste of my mid-match comment for me, I have nothing more I can say to express my anger and sadness:

It's beyond disgraceful. I'd terminate all their contracts and draft Southend Manor in to finish the season.

I have never seen or heard of such a dreadful Southend team. These will go down as the worst of the worst and I hope they're proud of it.

Ron Martin's legacy as chairman will be that of a man who neglected a football club for monetary gain through housing developments, leaving us with the biggest stadium in the National League/National League South.

This club is rotten from top to bottom and it's no longer the club I loved when I first came to watch the Shrimpers in the now dizzy heights of L1.

I don't even feel sad, I just feel the purest level of anger. Not only are we damned to a never-ending National League battle for survival, but we've been damned by the six-fingered c***s from up the road.

This club seems to finally know when it is beaten.

For those who didn’t understand what MM was doing with those players I hope tonight shows just what a difference he had/was making.

Under MM we do not concede to this mob, or leave Olayinka on the bench. We go down to ten and bring on a CB.

Ron Martin, you’ve killed this club.

That was absolutely ****ing disgusting. Can’t wait for all these messers to be out of our club and to never ever play for us again. Utterly utterly disgusting.

The most important game in our history and they ****ing did nothing. I’m watching players not even pretending to challenge.

Time to get applying for some proper jobs lads because you ain’t footballers.

Get in the ****ing bin.

Martin out.

The past 2 and a half years have been utterly ****ing painful as a Southend fan. So it seems completely fitting that we are (all but) officially relegated by our rivals whilst our players put in a disgraceful toothless and half-arsed performance. They played like it was a dead mid-table end of season game, not an Essex Derby with our last chance of survival on the line.

What an empty feeling this is. Years of Non-League obscurity beckon.

I posted in the match thread that the moment we failed to sign a striker in Jan, our fate was confirmed. And yes Akinde would have been a good signing but actually all we needed was a bog standard League 2 striker.

Having watched the game today, yes we were poor but particularly poor on quality. The players are just not good enough. Simple passes misplaced, crosses straight out the back, poor runs, crossed going in with no-one in the box, poor set pieces and it continues.

A lot of people will say they lacked fight but the sad reality is they are not good enough.

For the first time this season I can't find one positive thing to say about Southend United. I can forgive a lack of ability, but to capitulate to our fiercest rivals without any pride or real effort is absolutely disgusting.

The sad thing is that with the current ownership at the Club I just don't see that there will be any improvement if, as looks likely, we are relegated to the National League.

Back