• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Colchester Utd vs Southend Utd CheckaTrade Trophy

I’m pretty sure Lennon isn’t yet fit to play, Kyprianou will be on international duty, Bunn is still injured and I heared Yearwood could well be with England 19s on just training duty....so you may have to rethink that one!!

I don’t get the apathy toward this fixture and I don’t get the disrespect it’s shown in talking it down and making it sound unattractive.....we have a huge squad....maybe one of the largest in the division and so for me it is important that we see minutes from lads that haven’t had them, we have a chance to try a couple of “experiments” in terms of selection and formation, not to mention continue some good winning habits....

As a fan I’d have thought people would relish the opportunity to see more of the likes of Klass, Batlowka, Gard, McCoulsky, Hutchinson etc who have all sat on the bench and not quite made it for league appearances......I’m not sure what else if find out about Robinson in this type of fixture and would much prefer to see Hutchinson for example play a Cox type role off McCoulsky?

Not forgetting of course it’s a local derby!!!!

McCoulsky and Hutchinson would be the most lightweight strike force we've ever fielded - this is not a good idea in a derby.

Chris Powell made it clear in the Q&A that he sees this competition as an opportunity to give minutes to players who haven't been starting in the league so I would expect Robinson, McLaughlin (if recovered), maybe Kightly and McCoulsky to play. I imagine Elvis will also play a part. As for the rest, it probably depends on how strong he wants to go against our arch rivals. They may be a division below but they have started the season strongly and a defeat would still be painful to take for the fans despite the competition.

McCoulsky and Hutchinson would be the most lightweight strike force we've ever fielded - this is not a good idea in a derby.

Plus Hutchinson is an under 23 player. This is a first-team match and we should be using senior players, at least in the starting 11.

Chris Powell made it clear in the Q&A that he sees this competition as an opportunity to give minutes to players who haven't been starting in the league so I would expect Robinson, McLaughlin (if recovered), maybe Kightly and McCoulsky to play. I imagine Elvis will also play a part. As for the rest, it probably depends on how strong he wants to go against our arch rivals. They may be a division below but they have started the season strongly and a defeat would still be painful to take for the fans despite the competition.

I don't think our fans will be bothered if we lose, there is not a single comment about this game on any of the forums or on Facebook. Ticket sales are almost non existent, there is only the West stand open for home sales, one complete section of several hundred seats has just 7 tickets sold!

I don't think our fans will be bothered if we lose, there is not a single comment about this game on any of the forums or on Facebook. Ticket sales are almost non existent, there is only the West stand open for home sales, one complete section of several hundred seats has just 7 tickets sold!

So pretty much like any other match!

Remember the days of visiting layer road for these fixtures. Much better away day

Jesus we were in grave danger of talking about players and the game for a while there ??

--------------------------Bishop---------------------------
--------Dieng----------Lennon----------Moore-----------
Elvis----------------------------------------------Hendrie
---------------Yearwood--------Mantom-----------------
--------------------------Cox------------------------------
------------Robinson----------McCooldudeski------------

Klass , Batloka , Kightly , McLaughlin , Hutchison, Gard , Smith

Blimey at this rate be suprised if attendance reaches 1000.
Just notice that only 2 stands opened for this game they they put the Shrimpers in Job stand opposite their main stand.

Blimey at this rate be suprised if attendance reaches 1000.
Just notice that only 2 stands opened for this game they they put the Shrimpers in Job stand opposite their main stand.

They only ever open 2 stands for these games, I wouldn't be surprised to see under 1000 for this game, maybe slightly more.

Back