• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Colchester Utd vs Southend Utd CheckaTrade Trophy

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
Tuesday is coming and with it our away group game against the North Essex chaps at the Airfix in the CheckaTrade Trophy. I'll probably watch it on iFollow but my appetite for this game isn't huge even though it's Col Ewe.

A lot of the normal banter has already been done on the CheckaTrade thread but I suppose as it's a 'FirstTeam' game it deserves it's own thread. Maybe a chance for Dru to continue his fitness program and young Bishop to have a run out, or maybe even Teddy. I don't know whether Lennon is ready for game time, but if JW has done his hamstring then we may need Mr Lennon earlier than we thought. Whilst my enthusiasm is a bit jaded I still hope we win convincingly just to make the point of only 'One Team in Essex'

Bung your team/game opinions down here if you can be arsed.

I need to get back to London that night, somehow I've never been to col u, is it feasible to do by train timing wise and seeing the full game? Also was going to skip all checkatrade but....

I need to get back to London that night, somehow I've never been to col u, is it feasible to do by train timing wise and seeing the full game? Also was going to skip all checkatrade but....
It's about 2.5 miles from the stadium to the train station but I have no idea if there is public transport at that time of night. Probably you would be able to get a train after the game as Colchester is on the London main line. Maybe @Colchester and proud! will see this and have a more detailed opinion.

I'd like to see a midfield of Yearwood, Klass and Batlokwa...youth, energy and improve Dru's fitness levels

Is Dru really going to be expected to play another game so soon? He certainly played more than I expected to yesterday.

Looking forward to it and hope we can get another win there.

if you want to go we can give you a lift back to Chelsmford and you can get the train to London from there

Hi camdenshrimper I see Oakley1 has offered to take you back to Chelmsford but if that is not suitable for any reason you could get back to the station in time to get a train back to London if you wish. There are trains after 11 in the evening so that leaves you plenty of time to return from the game. The walk from the station is just under 2 miles, as you can take shortcuts compared to driving there. Unfortunately our club have stopped providing shuttle buses back to the station which would have been your most convenient option. I doubt the game will be a great spectacle but if you wish to attend I admire your enthusiasm!

Ox
Elvis, Turner, Moore, Hendrie
Kites, Dieng, Klass, MacL/Bunn
Theo, Sean.

2-3 to Shrimpers.
1112 attendance of which over 50% are Shrimpers.

Ox
Elvis, Turner, Moore, Hendrie
Kites, Dieng, Klass, MacL/Bunn
Theo, Sean.

2-3 to Shrimpers.
1112 attendance of which over 50% are Shrimpers.

That's a bit optimistic on the size of the crowd. I wouldn't be surprised if the gate is lower that 1k.

Wouldn't mind seeing this in a 4-3-3. Could easily drop into a 4-4-2 with Batlokwa out to RM and Kightly to LM. Hopefully seeing Wabo (if he is allowed), Hutchinson and Gard get some minutes in the second half too.

Oxley
Bwomono Moore Turner Hendrie
Dieng
Batlokwa Klass
McCoulsky Robinson Kightly​

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't clubs suppose to field a minimum numbers from the previous league game?

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't clubs suppose to field a minimum numbers from the previous league game?
I think it’s 5 from the previous league game or 5 of the top 11 appearance makers throughout the season (eg McLaughlin didn’t play on Saturday but would fit into the top appearance makers). Not sure if that has changed this season but don’t think so.

Shrimpergarry said:
Just a reminder of the rules, we need to include 4 of the following among the 10 outfield players who start the match:

7.4 Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1 had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2 subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3 is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4 has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

Bristol City and Bury do NOT have Category One academies, so the loanees don't count under category 7.4.5

Ted Smith
Bwomono Lennon Kyprianou Hendrie
McLaughlin Dieng (c) Klass Kightly
Robinson McGoalshy

We still don’t know if Lennon or Smith or Bunn are fit, Powell has said Lennon needs to play u23 games before possible return at gillingham or Coventry , don’t think he’ll be ready, Bunn didn’t even make the bench and we’ve heard no news, is Kyps not on international duty?

We still don’t know if Lennon or Smith or Bunn are fit, Powell has said Lennon needs to play u23 games before possible return at gillingham or Coventry , don’t think he’ll be ready, Bunn didn’t even make the bench and we’ve heard no news, is Kyps not on international duty?
Kyps (and MacL) have had man flu. But both recovering now and allowed back into training.

Hi camdenshrimper I see Oakley1 has offered to take you back to Chelmsford but if that is not suitable for any reason you could get back to the station in time to get a train back to London if you wish. There are trains after 11 in the evening so that leaves you plenty of time to return from the game. The walk from the station is just under 2 miles, as you can take shortcuts compared to driving there. Unfortunately our club have stopped providing shuttle buses back to the station which would have been your most convenient option. I doubt the game will be a great spectacle but if you wish to attend I admire your enthusiasm!
Thank you Oakley1, I'll let you know asap!

Thanks guys

My team would be along the lines of:

Oxley
Bwomono Moore Lennon/Kyprianou Hendrie
Mclaughlin/Bunn Yearwood Klass Kightly
McCoulsky Robinson

I'd like to see Yearwood given some more minutes, though would only give him maybe 60. It would be good to see the likes of Batlokwa and Hutchison come on from the bench.

Back