• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Colchester Utd vs Southend Utd CheckaTrade Trophy

Yearwood showing in this game the speed of play which some of our youngsters need to get up to in order to challenge for a starting spot.

That was close, somehow Blues haven't pulled a goal back as McCoulsky header is cleared off the line by Eastman who knew absolutely nothing about it.

Well i suppose on a slight plus side, SCP has probably made his mind up who he's preferred match day team of 18 is now.

My ifollow has been terrible, however we are so slow, that I am not sure when it’s ifollow freezing or just us being bad.

Lewis Gard on.... silly sub, especially as he has gone down with a calf muscle after about 2 minutes on the pitch....and now being taken off by a stretcher.

Looks like we have thrown in the towel with about 10 minutes remaining,

Lewis Gard on.... silly sub, especially as he has gone down with a calf muscle after about 2 minutes on the pitch.

Looks like we have thrown in the towel with about 10 minutes remaining,
He's in the process of being stretchered off at the moment, so maybe a bit more than a calf injury.

A lesson in what happens when you make so many changes.

The middle of the field made up of 3 inexperienced kids. Hutchinson, Klass and Batlokwa have 312 professional minutes between them.

Positives to come are Bwomono looked decent. Yearwood coming back and looking good too. Batlokwa did well on the ball, but needs to improve his tempo on the ball.

Some people, like McLaughlin, need to take a look at themselves. Man flu or not, if he can’t make an impact on a game like this then he has no place in our squad. His contribution this season is really not good enough. No malice against him - and I’d be delighted if he sorted it out - but really how/when does he plan to do that if he can’t make an impression in a game against the Ewes stiffs?

Bout time Chris Powell farmed out this waste of space and take the even bigger waste of space Robinson with him!

Some people, like McLaughlin, need to take a look at themselves. Man flu or not, if he can’t make an impact on a game like this then he has no place in our squad. His contribution this season is really not good enough. No malice against him - and I’d be delighted if he sorted it out - but really how/when does he plan to do that if he can’t make an impression in a game against the Ewes stiffs?

Not condoning McLaughlin or the team in general , who appear to have been poor tonight, but think it’s a stronger Col U line up than you suggest

Back