• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not sure if this one's been done before.

Looking at the forecast tomorrow it won't exactly be tropical.

My vote on this thread would be at home v Hereford in Jan '76. The previous home game v Millwall we got > 7,500, for this one it was so freezing we got less than half that. We lost 3-1 and were crap but I remember the crowd being very noisy just to keep warm.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ Jan. 24 2005,23:58)]Not sure if this one's been done before.

Looking at the forecast tomorrow it won't exactly be tropical.

My vote on this thread would be at home v Hereford in Jan '76. The previous home game v Millwall we got > 7,500, for this one it was so freezing we got less than half that. We lost 3-1 and were crap but I remember the crowd being very noisy just to keep warm.
Got to go a long way to beat the Notts Co Anglo Italian methinks.

79 Liverpool (H) was a little nippy

Bruce Shrimpesteen

Born to Shrimp

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Jan. 25 2005,00:16)]-25 tonight I think, so tomorrow will be freezing!
is that all you've got?last saturday for the Nots County game at kick off it was minus 27 with a windchill of minus 32.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

http://www.theweathernetwork.ca/weather/cities/can/pages/CAON0696.htm

and i have just got home from hockey and it is -9 and snowing another 8 inches forecast, BUT I have conned my boss into working a half day tomorrow so i can listen to the game .
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ Jan. 25 2005,06:38)]and i have just got home from hockey and it is -9 and snowing another 8 inches forecast, BUT I have conned my boss into working a half day tomorrow so i can listen to the game .
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Call yourself a loyal supporter? A REAL fan would have blagged two days off and a return ticket!

tounge.gif

I remember playing Tranmere at home one Xmas and it was bloody icing on the pitch and freezing cold off it. It was about 9 years ago and we lost 1-0 just too top it off.

I remember during the 00/01 season we played Torquay at home ( 1-1, Roget scored ) and the Club wanted volunteers to help clear the snow off the pitch in the morning. That was pretty cold.

I remember going to Orient away couple of seasons ago and we won 2-0 I think, when Ben Abbey scored both goals. We were so cold, drinking coffee was a nightmare. We didnt realise how hot it was until it was halfway down us and it started to burn. The pitch was nearly frozen as well and the players had problems running on it because they nearly skidded over everywhere.

Hartlepool away in Dec 98 was not memorable merely for the on-pitch drama (a 4-2 win to us) but also for the fact that it was fuggin' freezing, with a raw wind coming off the North Sea. The locals were still walking round in T-shirts, calling us all "sooothern pooofs" with our coats & scarves on...

wow.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Jan. 25 2005,09:07)]I remember going to Orient away couple of seasons ago and we won 2-0 I think, when Ben Abbey scored both goals. We were so cold, drinking coffee was a nightmare. We didnt realise how hot it was until it was halfway down us and it started to burn. The pitch was nearly frozen as well and the players had problems running on it because they nearly skidded over everywhere.
Stop making thing's up Hils..........You was'nt there at all!

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Jan. 25 2005,10:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Jan. 25 2005,09:07)]I remember going to Orient away couple of seasons ago and we won 2-0 I think, when Ben Abbey scored both goals. We were so cold, drinking coffee was a nightmare. We didnt realise how hot it was until it was halfway down us and it started to burn. The pitch was nearly frozen as well and the players had problems running on it because they nearly skidded over everywhere.

mad.gif
Wouldnt suprise me if you wasnt there, you part timer
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Jan. 25 2005,11:39)]
[b said:
[b said:

mad.gif
tounge.gif
Hils was def there, as was Mark and the rest of us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 25 2005,11:55)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

mad.gif
tounge.gif
Ahem, no this was a different game, Shags
tounge.gif

Must be a Suffolk thing SS.  I remember being on the North Bank for that match pelting the Hereford goalie with snow balls for nearly half an hour.  He looked so miserable and he couldn't even run away.

Almost made up for the fact that we lost 3-1.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 25 2005,08:54)]I remember during the 00/01 season we played Torquay at home ( 1-1, Roget scored ) and the Club wanted volunteers to help clear the snow off the pitch in the morning. That was pretty cold.
Yep same memory. I remember asking the stewards if we were gonna play because the pitch was still covered in snow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 25 2005,11:55)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

mad.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
oops.gif

Back