• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coldplay in the Bushfire concert

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
I find myself in a bit of a quandry here. I've been a bit anti-Coldplay in the past and I'm actually very cynical when it comes to charity concerts by big name acts, always wondering if it's because of the charity or their own careers. However here is a YouTube clip of Coldplay playing Fix You (one of their songs I actually quite like) at the big gig at the SCG in aid of the Bush Fire victims here in Oz. Chris Martin jumps off ths stage (we've seen that countless times by singers before) and then into the audience, literally running around in the main arena with the crowd - I've never seen anything quite like that before at such a big event. Now I can imagine I would have been quite sneering in the past and not seen this as an act of a 'man of the people' but a self serving publicity stunt to sell more albums. However having seen blanket coverage through the media here of the awful devastation these fires caused and having staff with family and friends in Victoria and hearing some heart-breaking stories of real loss my guard was let down. The song is very apt and I, despite myself, think this was a genuine and spontaneous act.

I'll soon be back to my cynical self don't worry, but here is the clip -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZORJRMM1XM

Seemed like a great spontaneous act. Top bloke.

Funny! I wonder if he'll get a $5000 fine and lifetime ban like other SCG streakers?

I went to the Coldplay gig in Sydney at Homebush that night and he seemed very happy to have been part of the Sound Relief movement.

And the special guest that night was Shane Warne on the maracas!!

You've gotta feel for the Aussies.

Firstly loads of them lose everything because of the fires, then along comes coldplay to bore the rest of them to death..

Talk about a bad month. What next? The few remaining survivors get humped by a dingo?

Last edited:
I've never been too sure whether or not I'm allowed to say as much, but i think I really like Coldplay.

Their second album is superb, and they don't **** me off anywhere near as much as 90% of their indie peers.

I might go see them at Wembley with Girls Aloud...

They're bloody excellent live, I can tell you...

:clap:

yup, I really enjoyed it when they headlined Glasto (2005?), and the first album is great. However I was unmoved by X&Y and their latest one, it seems Brian Eno was only good enough for the first 20seconds of each song, before going back to normal Coldplay-by-numbers.

but yes, excellent live!

Back