• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Collymore on a Forest forum

palexander

Life President
Apparantly Stan has spent some time on a Notts Forest board tonight chatting to fans as he does on here!

They are running a campaign to get him to play for them next year and he was answering questions for about 30 mins.

Wonder if he still checks in here - sure he'd rather play for us than Forest! :angel:

C'Mon Stan, it wouldnt be the summer without rumours of Angell signing (and prawn sandwiches riding on it), Ray Parlour signing, Freddy leaving or Stan The Man coming out of retirement!

C'mon Stanley, relieve old glories here not at the City Ground. Get yourself fit and have a run around Roots Hall one last time.

I'm sure you and the Fredster could make things happen. Those Forest lads won't appreciate you, they just keep harping on about 1979 and all that. Its gone, finished, finito - theres nothing there anymore. Roots Halls where its at, we're going places!

LOL... reading that thread though confirms that Stan has now given up the desire to make a comeback anyway.

Good luck to him!

Could he still do it?
Got to be a better bet than Harrold!
Just sent him a msg on myspace, so perhaps he'll grace us with his presense too?

Not this old chestnut. For anyone that's unclear and missed the first episode, here's a recap:

1. Stan Collymore was great
2. Stan Collymore had some problems
3. Stan Collymore stopped playing football
4. Several papers run a statement from his agent about how he's back to his best and Premiership quality
5. Lots of sensible football managers smile and wish him sincerely well
6. Lots of silly football fans think its a coincidence he hangs out on forums twice annually (usually about when he's after a deal it'd seem) and struggle to tell the difference between real life and that film "Goal!"
7. Stan Collymore is a legend, a great player and the most naturally gifted footballer SUFC has ever seen. Should we re-sign him after the Ricketts affair, after Tilson's comments in the past and when we want to build for the future and keep our good up and coming players? Should we b*ll*cks...

Not this old chestnut. For anyone that's unclear and missed the first episode, here's a recap:

4. Several papers run a statement from his agent about how he's back to his best and Premiership quality
6. Lots of silly football fans think its a coincidence he hangs out on forums twice annually (usually about when he's after a deal it'd seem) and struggle to tell the difference between real life and that film "Goal!"
7. Stan Collymore is a legend, a great player and the most naturally gifted footballer SUFC has ever seen. Should we re-sign him after the Ricketts affair, after Tilson's comments in the past and when we want to build for the future and keep our good up and coming players? Should we b*ll*cks...

Boo, you suck.

:D

I know it all a bit fanciful but why not take a punt, he would be 20x better than harrold Im sure he would play for sensible money, I think it unfair to compare to ricketts as stan loves the club.

Its never gonna happen, but love the idea of a Freddy and Collymore partnership. Maybe for the centenary match?

I'm with Seany T on this one, i think it would be a disaster if he came back here.......sorry

Its never gonna happen, but love the idea of a Freddy and Collymore partnership. Maybe for the centenary match?

That I could understand. Get Tilson back out there too. But not as a full time member of the squad...

Great to see that he is held in a similar regard by Forest fans as he is by us (XS apart).

Stanley Victor Collymore = ABSOLUTE LEGEND.

I'm with Seany T on this one, i think it would be a disaster if he came back here.......sorry

Why ?

The worst that would happen would be he wouldnt be that good. I dont seem him disrupting the club or having an attitude problem like Ricketts.

That I could understand. Get Tilson back out there too. But not as a full time member of the squad...

So if Stan does come on here and read this.
Come and play our centenary game, you won't get any abuse in this kind of game and we'll get to see the two most talented strikers to put on the shirt (IMO) play together!

At last some sense!

Why ?

The worst that would happen would be he wouldnt be that good. I dont seem him disrupting the club or having an attitude problem like Ricketts.

I agree with you on that point but i just think he has had his day, i can't see him ever regaining the fitness required and i think the wages could be better spent elsewhere

He was an excellent player for us but that has been and gone, he is no longer a player and i think it should remain that way

would love to see him playing and competing at this level but IMO it would be a step back, we need to look to the future. Say he gets us into the championship like the goat did and leaves what do we do bring in paynter and harrold?

Back